Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?

Go down 
+4
Chrispy1200
Captain Midnight
john westcott
henry954
8 posters
AuthorMessage
henry954

Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 10:32 pm

So i called racetech and purchased a set of there gold valves. They have not arrived yet so i did the initial tear down. Front forks pretty straight forward. When i arrived at the shock i noticed that it does not have a schrader valve. Seems to be a small hole. I can only assume that i need a needle right ? can someone suggest a kit? is it possible to swap this setup for a scrader valve? How come i dont see any posts of people doing there own suspension work on this bike. Is it because of the cartridge fork?
Back to top Go down
john westcott

john westcott

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 pm

All your suspension needs are here. http://go-race.com/wordpress/
Back to top Go down
Captain Midnight

Captain Midnight

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:48 am

I've had mine apart several times. Revalved and resprung.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy1200

Chrispy1200

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:44 pm

henry954 wrote:
How come i dont see any posts of people doing there own suspension work on this bike. Is it because of the cartridge fork?

My guess it's partly due to whether you have the correct tools and knowledge to do the job but mostly knowling what valving actually works. I don't mind doing all my own wrenching up to a point but it's worth my time to buy the knowledge someone else has worked to develop. I recently had Go Race rebuild my rear shock (I don't want to have to deal with nitrogen charging) but had him send me springs and a base valve kit for the forks. This not only saved me money on shipping forks but I have a better baseline to work from now instead of me guessing at what might or might not work.
Back to top Go down
henry954

PostSubject: Wow   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 pm

Excuse the delayed post , but the new suspension is phenomenal . This is the first time I upgrade the suspension on one of my bikes. Hard to believe those little shims make that big of a difference. Rocks roots woops ; the suspension don't give a f@$&$. Really nice feeling. Got the racetech components and purchased the oil somewhere else. There oil is pricey. Did not save that much money. I did this myself because of pride. Ive been
Riding for a long time and Im not showing any signs of stopping either so I like to work on my own bike. Anyway very worthwhile mod. I was riding on a ski mountain today and boy was I impressed. I wasn't being deflected violently like the old suspension used to do. Basically the suspension soaks up everything then recovers quickly. The result is more enjoyment from your ride.
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 pm

Sounds like a good move.

What kind of advice would you give a WR-250R or WR-250X rider that is on the fence and just not convinced that doing such a thing would be worth it to them, yet still wonder about it from time-to-time?
Back to top Go down
henry954

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:41 pm

its a lot of coin. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. LIKE I SAID YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SAVE A TON OF MONEY DOING IT YOURSELF EITHER. Racetech parts are expensive. I would say it boils down to how passionate you are about riding, and/or how aggressive you want to get. Up until now i have not had the desire to go faster. As i read on the forums what suspension mods were doing for riders i started to get curious. The downside is that your going to probably have to do this everytime you get a new bike. Ive had the ktms and the suspension were not perfect either. they could of used some work. i sold those big thumpers. Im much better matched with this bike. I commute to nyc every morning with it also. Rain or shine. IF THERE IS A MORE VERSATILE BIKE OUT THERE ; i HAVE NOT RIDDEN IT YET.
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 6:17 pm

http://fastbikeindustries.com/
Had Dave,are all the suspension guys named Dave ?, revalved mine as the sumo site was giving good reviews about him. Best money i have spent on this bike ever. Got sick of this thing trying to toss me off in mid corner.This bike is so much more fun to play on. If i could only have one mod,a revalve would be it.
Back to top Go down
Rapid Dog

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:20 pm

www.trailtricks.com

good stuff
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:03 pm

dtx wrote:
Had Dave,are all the suspension guys named Dave ?, revalved mine as the sumo site was giving good reviews about him. Best money i have spent on this bike ever. Got sick of this thing trying to toss me off in mid corner.This bike is so much more fun to play on. If i could only have one mod,a revalve would be it.

Mine were done too by fastbikeindustries

Front and rear. I like it a lot, feels much better :)
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:32 pm

Marylucky wrote:
dtx wrote:

Mine were done too by fastbikeindustries

Front and rear. I like it a lot, feels much better :)

I would go as far to say its not eaven the same bike anymore,yes you can quote me on that thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?   Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone attempted a revalve front and rear?
Page 1 of 1