Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What is the internal construction of stock muffler

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZED

ZED

What is the internal construction of stock muffler Empty
PostSubject: What is the internal construction of stock muffler   What is the internal construction of stock muffler EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:37 am

Has anyone dissected a stock WR muffler?

I'm curious how they are designed and how the exhaust flow works. Baffles, and that sort of thing. I have heard that the stock exhaust is mainly a mechanical muffler and that the FMF Q4 is also partially mechanically muted, therefore not relying on packing as much as many.

Ideally I would like a muffler quieter than stock, but much lighter. I'm wondering if a person could maybe fabricate some alloy baffles or something.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What is the internal construction of stock muffler   What is the internal construction of stock muffler EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 8:41 am

You have the cat, and 2 sets of baffles, plus the sparky which has a hideously small garden hose sized outlet. Not sure if it was Shredak but someone ripped one apart on TT and had an exploded view of it.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: What is the internal construction of stock muffler   What is the internal construction of stock muffler EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:09 am

If you google "ronnies cycles" they offer microfiche views for just about everything.

Here's the link to all the WR250X stuff. click me

For some reason the exhaust slide was not loading for me this morning.
Hope that helps.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What is the internal construction of stock muffler   What is the internal construction of stock muffler EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:16 am

Yeah it won't show you what's inside the can besides the sparky.

motokid

PostSubject: Re: What is the internal construction of stock muffler   What is the internal construction of stock muffler EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 9:20 am

oh....sorry....I could not get it to load so I was not sure what details it would show. GAHHHH

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the internal construction of stock muffler   What is the internal construction of stock muffler Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the internal construction of stock muffler
Page 1 of 1