Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

proud new WR owner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Potentate

proud new WR owner Empty
PostSubject: proud new WR owner   proud new WR owner EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Hello all, my name's Eric, and I'm proud to introduce myself as a new WR250r owner. I picked up a new 2011 from a dealership last monday. i got a preety good deal on a demo bike, it has like 1500miles on it but yamaha still considered it a new bike. I live in SoCal and am so excited to get out and explore on this thing. I hope to eventually meet some of yall out on the trails.

proud new WR owner 29
Back to top Go down
migrant

proud new WR owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: proud new WR owner   proud new WR owner EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Welcome Eric! Any plans for the bike....tank, skid plate, etc? Will this be your weekend ride, or do you plan to commute too?
Back to top Go down
Potentate

proud new WR owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: proud new WR owner   proud new WR owner EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:33 am

Generally a weekend ride, and a nice day commuter. I plan on treating it more as a street legal dirtbike, so not too much riding on pavement (traffic scares me). I want to do some adventure touring, like 2 to 3 day trips when I can. Mark on Big Dog adventures really inspired me to get the bike. I only wish I could get the time to do trips like him. I eventually want to get a tank and some racks. I'm not sure on a skid plate, I've heard mixed opinions. I've heard that in some instances the stock plastic can actually be better, it can slide over stuff. Is there any truth to that or is that just wrong? Opinions? I have no issue buying a skid plate if it really protects the bike better.

For right now I just want to ride it and get comfortable on the bike. Its been about 16 years since I've ridden. I grew up riding little 50/80cc bikes in the woods of TN. I'm heading out to Ocotillo Wells this weekend. I really want to explore the desert before it gets too hot, then I'll explore the mountains of SoCal. I'm really excited, any other members in the San Diego area?

Eric
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

proud new WR owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: proud new WR owner   proud new WR owner Empty

Back to top Go down

proud new WR owner
Page 1 of 1