Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hi....from East TN.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DragonNester

DragonNester

Hi....from East TN. Empty
PostSubject: Hi....from East TN.   Hi....from East TN. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Out with my ex-DRZ and in with my new 2012 wr250r.

I wanted to down size and get a more modern DS machine in the process. The Yamaha wr250r fit the bill, perfectly.

My first ride was disappointing as it lacked the power I was used to, but I'm happy to say, with every outing it gains strength. I never experienced such noticeable changes during the break-in period. I guess it's do to small size and tightness of the parts...all my other new bikes have been much bigger displacement and subsequently had more on-board power from the get-go.

Anyway, not to confuse anyone, I really like the bike and can't wait to exercise it more in the woods I call home (The Cherokee National Forest).

I've ordered Tusk hand guards and a Zeta skid plate for the inevitable bumps and spills to come.

Oh yeah.....really glad I found a site dedicated to these fine machines!!

RB

Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hi....from East TN.   Hi....from East TN. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Go to Brimstone in Huntsville,TN. Good riding if you head up the mountain and avoid the low lands.
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: Hi....from East TN.   Hi....from East TN. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:29 am

gatorfan wrote:
Go to Brimstone in Huntsville,TN. Good riding if you head up the mountain and avoid the low lands.

Thanks....I've never tried Brimstone. I have been to Coal Creek a few times. it's big and rough.

I used to live in Gainesville and actually went to GHS many years ago...Beautiful town. Good riding around the Ocala National Forest...you gotta like sand, though.

I rode Croom the first two years it opened on my DT-2...back in the day.

Do you ride with Dixie Dual Sport? They seem to be very active with events all over FL.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: Hi....from East TN.   Hi....from East TN. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:40 am

DragonNester wrote:

Do you ride with Dixie Dual Sport? They seem to be very active with events all over FL.

They are VERY active and I am a member. But they closely inspect pipes and are very "preachy" about "responsible riding". All the power to them, and I'm not a sociopath, but I ride to 'get away' - not wrapped up in hassles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi....from East TN.   Hi....from East TN. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi....from East TN.
Page 1 of 1