Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Member DFW area east

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

New Member DFW area east Empty
PostSubject: New Member DFW area east   New Member DFW area east EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello all, I'm Dave Bell. I am also on ADV, Two Wheel Texans, KLR.com (or net, ??), and MTF. I am 62 years old and have been riding for 40 yrs +, dual sport riding for around 6. I've had Harleys, a Norton Commando, HOndas, Yamies, Suzukis, Kawasakis, a Zundapp, and BMWs. I currently have a BMW F800gs, A KLR 650, and just sold two dirt bikes to buy my WR250R, which is driving me crazy sitting on a trailer outside my office. I have not even started it up yet. Probably won't be able to until Saturday, but I do have 1 mile of woods trails on my land east of Dallas. I like to ride in Big Bend, Mexico, and whereever I can.

Looking forward to picking everyone's brain.

I just noticed my bash plate is missing on my brand new 08 model which I got at a really good price, so will be dropping by Yamaha Honda of Greenville to see if they can locate it. Anyway I hear it's plastic and would be replaced anyway. That and some barkbusters will be immediate purchases (as soon as my bank account recovers...)

I bought the 250 so I can go on some Class III trails in Big Bend, Arkansas, Junction Texas, and possibly Mex.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Member DFW area east   New Member DFW area east EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Welcome to the pack, Dave! thumb

I don't think they came stock with a plastic bash plate...I know mine didn't and unless I'm wrong and it's a new thing Yamaha is doing, nobody else's came stock with it. All we have are those little plastic wings on either side of the engine. dunno

PostSubject: Re: New Member DFW area east   New Member DFW area east EmptyWed May 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Dave, Im close to you in Allen, and my dad owns a WR as well and he is in Forney.

We will be doing some arkansas/oklahoma riding and hopefully a big bend trip later in the year. Your going to love the WR. Always looking for people to ride with so let me know if you ever need some company.

Back to top Go down
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

PostSubject: Re: New Member DFW area east   New Member DFW area east EmptyWed May 04, 2011 9:07 pm

MotoKirby wrote:
Hi Dave, Im close to you in Allen, and my dad owns a WR as well and he is in Forney.

We will be doing some arkansas/oklahoma riding and hopefully a big bend trip later in the year. Your going to love the WR. Always looking for people to ride with so let me know if you ever need some company.

Yes on Big Bend, Yes on Oklahoma, Yes on Arkansas. Do you go with Richard on the TAR rides?

I work for myself, just need about a month notice for a week long trip, or a couple of weeks on a long weekend.

Big Bend is the main reason I bought this bike. I want to do River Road east easier, and black gap. I've done everything else on my KLR. Also want to do the state park there, never done it. I have a mile + of woods trails on my land between Terrell and Wills Point. Always open.
Back to top Go down
MotoKirby

PostSubject: Re: New Member DFW area east   New Member DFW area east EmptyWed May 04, 2011 10:00 pm

Dave Bell wrote:
MotoKirby wrote:

Yes on Big Bend, Yes on Oklahoma, Yes on Arkansas. Do you go with Richard on the TAR rides?

I work for myself, just need about a month notice for a week long trip, or a couple of weeks on a long weekend.

Big Bend is the main reason I bought this bike. I want to do River Road east easier, and black gap. I've done everything else on my KLR. Also want to do the state park there, never done it. I have a mile + of woods trails on my land between Terrell and Wills Point. Always open.

Never done any rides with Richards group but have read there ride reports. We went to big bend in january but we were on the big touring bikes.

I think we will be doing a Ktrail ride in the next month or so. No concrete plans yet. Well hopefully we can get together sometime.
Back to top Go down
Dave Bell

Dave Bell

PostSubject: Richard   New Member DFW area east EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:16 pm

I've bee to Galeana Mexico with them twice, Big Bend three times, Junction once, planning on going to Arkansas with them in September. There are all levels of riders there, and a lot of people to visit.

Anyway, think about coming out and riding my trails.

db
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member DFW area east   New Member DFW area east Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member DFW area east
Page 1 of 1