Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Wrist Breakers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gatorfan

gatorfan

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:24 am

Who buys into the theory that closed loop ("bark busters") guards are "WRIST BREAKERS"?

Does anyone stick to the "flag" style hand guards for this reason? Forget about the bike for a moment, which are safer for the rider?
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 am

Sure opinions will vary, but sure wish the mx bike I was riding in the woods had them on when my I broke my fifth metatarsal. A branch caught my finger that was feathering the clutch and did its best to dtetatch it from my body.
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:04 am

I would never ride without them! Case in point - I crashed and hit this tree...vertically. I cant imagine the damage had I not had them.

Wrist Breakers? Treecr10
Back to top Go down
TwilightZone

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:34 pm

I think the 'wrist breaker' comments were from an early design of the product... the configuration of the loop/guard caught the wrists.
I haven't heard of any complaints with newer designs. I'm running Moose and Acerbis on my bikes, worked fine (for years).

I think Cycra makes one with an extended loop for getting the hand out.
Cycra is a good quality product but not sure if the loop is really needed.
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Bikeman ... metatarsals are in your feet ...... metacarpals in your hand
Back to top Go down
theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 5:25 am

Go the Barkbusters.....i have never had a problem with them on many bikes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrist Breakers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrist Breakers?   Wrist Breakers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrist Breakers?
Page 1 of 1