Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.

Go down 
+3
Bikeman
YZEtc
seattlewrguy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
seattlewrguy

awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. Empty
PostSubject: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO5Ay50GVvA&feature=youtu.be
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:31 am

Wet tree root you didn't see?
Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 am

YZEtc wrote:
Wet tree root you didn't see?

I guess, i dodged a lot of smaller roots but somehow managed to miss that one.

hopefully after surgery next week, i will have a time frame for when i can get back to it.

its funny because we were riding all day and i just gave my bud my contour camera to video me.
Back to top Go down
Bikeman

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:05 am

Bummer on the accident and surgery.

Scaphoid fracture? If so been there done that.

Hope all goes well and your back at it soon.
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:41 am

Just guessing, but it looks like you haven't had your rear shock re-valved yet.

If that's the case, it might be worth using the downtime to do that. It will help prevent a repeat incident.

I wish you well and and a speedy recovery. Always sucks to see another rider hurt.
Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Bikeman wrote:
Bummer on the accident and surgery.

Scaphoid fracture? If so been there done that.

Hope all goes well and your back at it soon.

i'm not sure. doesn't sound like the doctor jargen i heard last night. something about my wrist bone and T bone that needs reconstruction.

Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Arkmage wrote:
Just guessing, but it looks like you haven't had your rear shock re-valved yet.

If that's the case, it might be worth using the downtime to do that. It will help prevent a repeat incident.

I wish you well and and a speedy recovery. Always sucks to see another rider hurt.

no i haven't done the revalve. i will look into it though.

she is only a couple of months old with less then 800 miles on her.

stock tires too, which is why i had my foot down in a lot of places i normally wouldn't. aired them down but the front still washes out bad with no warning.

thanks...
Back to top Go down
dtx

dtx

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Sucks when you have to get it back out of the woods,hope you heal fast.Mine has not tried to toss me off since i revalved it,money well spent.
https://2img.net/h/i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab259/shorttrack915/lefthand.jpg road out with this last year,ouch-ouch-ouch
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 5:45 pm

How I wish we had places like that to ride around where I live.

Bummer about the wrist. Hope you heal up fast.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Nice riding.

Looks like the rear tire hit a wet root at the wrong angle. Do you recall if you broke your wrist on the ground or if it got tangled in the hand guards?

Anyway, good luck with the surgery. They'll probably inject a long acting local in the area before you wake up. Take those pain meds BEFORE it wears off. It's easier to hold off post-op pain then to get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
seattlewrguy

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:10 am

gatorfan wrote:
Nice riding.

Looks like the rear tire hit a wet root at the wrong angle. Do you recall if you broke your wrist on the ground or if it got tangled in the hand guards?

Anyway, good luck with the surgery. They'll probably inject a long acting local in the area before you wake up. Take those pain meds BEFORE it wears off. It's easier to hold off post-op pain then to get rid of it.

its hard to see from the camera angle, but i actually broke it trying to stop my head from hitting the huge roots and hard packed dirt. the visor on my helmet broke and my neck was a bit sore but not too bad.

they cut into me yesterday and both the plate and incisions are much bigger then they originally stated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.   awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist. Empty

Back to top Go down

awesome ride yesterday until i broke my wrist.
Page 1 of 1