Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gundy

Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust  Empty
PostSubject: Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust    Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm

I have seen a couple pics of people mounting the Auto Tune sensor on the midpipe more or less in line with the shock and under the airbox. Has anyone tried mounting it on the header either in front or in back of the bulge on the mega/powerbomb? I read in a thread on this site that Dynojet recommends placement about 9" from where header attaches to the cylinder, but I didn't see that in the installation guide. Any thoughts/pics would be helpful. Thanks
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust    Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust  EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:01 pm

You've probably seen these pictures (bottom of page 1):

Bung pics <-- linky

It looks like you could mount the bung just south of the bulge (after, downstream, etc). Unless the picture is somehow distorting the distance, it looks like at least 3 inches...
Back to top Go down
Gundy

PostSubject: Re: Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust    Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust  EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Thanks, Ramz. I found a welding shop, so once the sensor arrives in the mail I'll check to see where it will go. I'll get in contact with Dynojet too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust    Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust  Empty

Back to top Go down

Auto Tune bung placement with full FMF exhaust
Page 1 of 1