Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? Empty
PostSubject: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

dose anyone know is this kit will fit my 09 wr250x?
if so anyone got pics?

http://trailtech.net/yamaha-x2-ds-halogen-kits.html#8109
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 pm

I sent them an email awhile back asking that exact question and was told that yes it would. If you get one post pics for sure as I am looking at getting one but probably not till late spring.
Back to top Go down
cryptomundo

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Back to top Go down
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 2:21 am

dose any one know if it has the tabs that go in to the stock front fender like the stock light???
Back to top Go down
Justlookin

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I don't come here often but I have a HID X2 mounted on my 2010 WRR. For the most part I love the light but I would not consider it a direct replacement - I had to relocate the speedo cluster and Ign switch. Light would not strap to forks unless I moved that stuff or I suppose I could have built some sort of spacer to move light forward away from interference.
I ride alot at night and am still looking for the perfect light. Good luck thumb
By the way, I am way to old and non computer savy to even begin know how to post pics.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:31 pm

i have dealt with Trail Tech. Email/call them, they are very good to talk with and they now there stuff well.
Back to top Go down
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:23 pm

i emailed them before i made this thread ...no answer yet
Back to top Go down
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

what i got from tail tech support

I am sorry but we do not offer a model specific kit that will work on that application. It is currently on our list of bikes to design one for but we have not been able to get to it yet. You would have to go with one of the fit all kits and then splice it into your current harness.

Justin Yancy
Trail Tech Inc.
Tech Support and Sales Dept.
1600 SE 18th. Ave
Battle Ground, WA 98604
justin@trailtech.net
Ph. 360-687-4530
Fax. 360-687-8164

what i wrote

Will the Trail Tech Torch Dual-Sport X2 with model-specific Yamaha WR250 07-11 & WR450 07-11

work on the 2009 WR250X?

Back to top Go down
freetors

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:30 pm

I had one of these headlights on my sv650 until it was crashed so I'll give my thoughts on it. This headlight unit is designed for real dirtbikes without instrumentation. They intended for it to rest right on the fork legs. On my bike I ended building a fairly fancy riveted aluminum sheet structure to hold it. You wold have to do something similar if you wanted to keep the speedo in its normal location. Another thing that shows that trailtech really do not intend for it to be used on the street is the fact that the beam pattern is perfectly round. That might make sense offroad, but on the street it shine tons of light into oncoming traffic and also wastes a lot of if it's illumination potential. The lower 4" light has a good spread of light and pretty blue tint to it that some may find annoying, while the upper 2" is a narrow beam that shoots far into the distance (depending on how it was aimed I could easily see things a half mile away) and has a clear white light. I had mine wired so that the 4" was on with the low beam and both on on the high beam. The lights have a slight flickering. The hid bulbs also take about 10 seconds to heat up and give full lighting.
Back to top Go down
bobbytohn

bobbytohn

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 pm

so in other words... it is not made for out bikes and would not be a good daily driver headlight?

sounds like im stuck for the 80s headlight for now
Back to top Go down
freetors

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Honestly, you could spend 300 bucks better. It would be good for a reall offroad bike, but it just isn't made for a street bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?   trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x? Empty

Back to top Go down

trailtech x2 kit will it fix wr250x?
Page 1 of 1