Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Track day setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

Track day setup Empty
PostSubject: Track day setup   Track day setup EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 am

Any of you guys do one of the sumo events up at Sears Point (Infineon) Raceway? What do I need to do to my X to get it "legal" for a practice event up there?

I know antifreeze has to go, need to add sliders, but I see the event organizers require a catch can. Is that for fuel, or what? Do I even need one being that the X has it's evap can on Cali models???

And if you happen to have been up there, am I gonna get run over by all the 450's on the track? I'm hoping it is like an MX track where 250's and 450's can practice at the same time and not have major issues.
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

Track day setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track day setup   Track day setup EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm on the east coast but I roadrace mine in CCS. You don't need a catchcan bc the bike is fuel injected. You need some type of bellypan - I picked up a carbon fiber one from a guy on ebay. Other than that, taping or removing lights, the normal safety wiring(depends on org), swap the coolant and take the kickstand off. Should be good to go.

email me if you need any more help, etc. ross@cannonmotorsports.com

Back to top Go down
Mikechicago

Mikechicago

Track day setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track day setup   Track day setup EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 pm

What do you need the belly pan for. This is the first I'm hearing of that.

I know I need to prep for sat:

-Axel Sliders
-Pegsliders
-Coolant Swap
-Saftey Wire any bolts with fluids behind them
-Remove lights
-Remove Kickstand

I dont believe I need to saftey wire my radiator cap because it has a locking bolt on it right?
Back to top Go down
rc23

rc23

Track day setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track day setup   Track day setup EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Mikechicago wrote:
What do you need the belly pan for. This is the first I'm hearing of that.

I know I need to prep for sat:

-Axel Sliders
-Pegsliders
-Coolant Swap
-Saftey Wire any bolts with fluids behind them
-Remove lights
-Remove Kickstand

I dont believe I need to saftey wire my radiator cap because it has a locking bolt on it right?

You need a bellypan to race with CCS/ASRA and Wera. Has to hold a min or 3 qts I believe but mine passes. And yes, you should safety wire your rad cap. I always do more than is required but then again, I've seen some crazy sh!t come loose on bikes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Track day setup Empty
PostSubject: Re: Track day setup   Track day setup Empty

Back to top Go down

Track day setup
Page 1 of 1