Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?

Go down 
+2
motokid
handyman439
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pbnut

pbnut

just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?    just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:50 pm

handyman439 wrote:
I live in minot nd.
I JUST left there... in October. Too bad you didn't pick that bike up in the spring time. We could have been riding buddies! There's a pretty fun jump in town if you're feeling froggy. Just past McDonalds on Broadway, heading southbound, there's a street on the left; 8th Ave. Threre's also a sidewalk that tapers down to the street right there. I used to ride up the sidewalk and up that stone ramp/wall and jump into the Trinity parking lot. It's good for a foot or two of air. thumb

I'm partial to the Power Commander 5 with Autotune, but it is an expensive option. Nothing wrong with the FMF though. It's just not as tunable.
Back to top Go down
handyman439

PostSubject: Re: just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?    just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:35 am

bummer man,

Know anyone else in the area that rides (street or dirt).

I think I am going to go with the FMF. Seams to have plenty of tuning options for my wants.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?    just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:03 am

Look into these too. <-- clicky

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?    just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:25 pm

handyman439 wrote:
bummer man,

Know anyone else in the area that rides (street or dirt).

I think I am going to go with the FMF. Seams to have plenty of tuning options for my wants.
I used to ride with a guy who had a GSXR 750. His name is Joe. I'll shoot him a note and see if he wants to meet up.
Back to top Go down
handyman439

PostSubject: Re: just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?    just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Just ordered the FMF programmer,

I have a couple other questions while people are browsing this thread.

I am going to attempt to mount some Shinko 244's on the bike next week. Should the wheels be balanced afterwards? Keep in mind I will likely only be driving over 60-65 if I need to pass on the highway.

Will I be OK running the factory settings in the power commander to start with?
EDIT: Read around a little bit, these things seam pretty self explanatory. I will just start with stock settings and adjust from there.

Do grip heaters install (throttle side) directly to the handlebar, or around the throttle sleeve?

And thanks for all the help. Pretty pumped to start riding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?    just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

just got a used wrx, wondering about some existing mods?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2