Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Marioscario

12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer Empty
PostSubject: 12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer   12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Well, I tore the bike down over the winter. Regreased the headset and all the linkage needle bearings and such. Stripped a bolt due to galling. Note to self: clean the nuts and bolts, use anti seize. Did the Kragbill's ultimate airbox mod except I use a black adhesive silicone so you can't even tell its been modded. I got a new chain and 12/47 sprocket set (up from the 12/43). Finally got her on the road Saturday. WOW !!!. What a difference. Nicer torque and gearing on the trail. Bike sounds great. A little more growl without being too loud. Stock muffler. I kinda wished I would have tried just the gearing changed alone first so I would know how much of the improvement was because of the gearing and how much is from the fmf???? Oh well. I'm definitely happy with the results. Only cost me $200. The chain and sprockets were worn out anyways so the change was essentially free. I can always swap the front to a 13T and get back to the same as a 12/43 ratio for road tours. Yeee Hawww!!

2008 R2
AIS removed
Ultimate Airbox Mod
fmf programmer
12/47 sprockets
Back to top Go down
DragonNester

DragonNester

PostSubject: Re: 12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer   12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 10:10 am

Congratulations on your project. My bike is still under warranty so I opted to change the gearing to 12/47 also and leave the other mods out for now (maybe forever). I did put tires on that would bite better in the dirt since that's what the gear change allowed.

I too, am very please with the performance change. I don't go far from home to ride trails, so the low gear ratio was worth it for me. If I range out I've got a KTM 990A to handle it.
Back to top Go down
Marioscario

PostSubject: Re: 12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer   12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 pm

DragonNester. Check out those Mitas tires. If you want off road performance, I think they're the cat's ass of dual sport tires. I find them no problem on the hiway as well but I'm sure a set of nice slicks WRX style would be pretty nice. No worries on the mods. The gearing change is probably by far the most noticeable improvement anyways. Best bang for the buck. Happy trails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer   12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer Empty

Back to top Go down

12/47 + Ultimate Airbox Mod + FMF Programmer
Page 1 of 1