Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

the ultimate engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

the ultimate engine Empty
PostSubject: the ultimate engine   the ultimate engine EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm

tommorow im going to call thumper racing and see if they would be able to build a big bore kit that will work perfect with the mpfab turbo kit ,so it will be a realiable and powerfull engine. obviously i dont mean more reliable than stock ,but i wouldnt want to bolt the mpfab turbo kit onto my stock engine :nono: but i would like to see if i bought the turbo kit and sent it to them if they could make a big bore kit for this specific mod wink if they could id think it would benefit mpfab sales and thumper racing just a thought though! scratch lmk if anyone else would like to know about it Peace YAM
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: the ultimate engine   the ultimate engine EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:09 pm

Why not just buy a KTM or Husqvarna?

Might be cheaper, might be more reliable, and probably have more horsepower.

the ultimate engine EICMA_husqvarna_sm450r_02

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: Re: the ultimate engine   the ultimate engine EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:32 pm

[quote="motokid"]Why not just buy a KTM or Husqvarna?

Might be cheaper, might be more reliable, and probably have more horsepower.

bc im a crazy mofo :duh: lol!

Plus im all about turbos Very happy cant you tell by my name Rolling Eyes ever since i had a turbo car ive been in love wih them woohoo theres no other rush that a turbo delivers while it builds psi of boost except maybe sky diving or sex with megan fox beavis nah but in all seriousness im all about making power with small engines bc the look you get on ppls face when you pull away from them with something with half the engine size of theres is priceless poser2

plus i like to be unique bert out of the box. Innovation BABY
Back to top Go down
addikted2boost

addikted2boost

PostSubject: ok   the ultimate engine EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:44 pm

ok people ive just got off the phone with thumper racing and mpfab and let me tell you i got a ton of info! so grab some lurk

first i talked to the guy at thumper racing who made the 280 big bore kit wink he gave me alot of info and i asked him about doing the turbo kit on the 280 kit they made he said it would be great thumb and he had 1 low compression piston left he made 4 for this specific mod and i also asked how much the kit is with that piston and its $625 wings not that bad to me he said the stock kit makes around 31hp . also he said he sold around 40 kits last yr and some of his buyers have 20,000 miles on some of them. he said there holding up just as good as stock unlike the athena kits that recomend that you replace the gaskets every 15hrs which sounds incredibly annoying to do. but i got alot of info from morgan at mpfab n he told me how he made 34hp on stock engine with just a pipe n pcm 3 and airbox mod. but since my ultimate goal is bbkit and turbo id be getting the bb from thumper and the mpfab. but heres were stuff gets interesting.

second i called morgan at mpfab talked to him for probably 30 mins n got alot of info. i told him what i was planning and he already started it. the problem is he tore his bike down a yr ago to put the TR bb kit with there low compression piston in specifically made for this and he got swamped at work and hasnt had time to build his bike back baldy i told him my goal is 45 safe as can be hp he said that should be perfectly fine but nobody in the world has done it yet he told me of the 4 pistons made he has 2 and one of his clients has the other one ,and his (client did this build and started his bike n it made a funny noise so he shut it off. eeek and he thinks he might have dropped something in the cylinder while he was putting it back together so his bike is on the back burner bc he just rides his aprilla -(that was his client not morgan) so morgan told me about other clients that just bought his turbo kit n he said that if you buy it you must get it to a dyno shop to properly tune it. this is where my problem is i live in alaska and have no dyno shops soo im gonna have to wait atleast a yr till i move to do all this but he was telling me some things i could do to get by till then like how to get 34hp no bb kit Very happy he said buy the power commander 3 and power commander wide band monitor and he did the ais completely removed and removed the flapper and funnel thing inside the airbox and he put a slip on on and tuned it from there nothing special. so he said i should do that till i get somewhere with a dyno also the problem i also have with doing the TR bb kit low compression piston and his turbo kit was he has no base map for it bc id be the 1st person in the world to do it wings mwaahuhuha but that also makes it shitty and hard but i want to do it after i move from here in yr .he was telling me he made 61hp with the turbo kit and a bigger turbo not the one he sell with the kit. he says the one he sells with the kit will make maxed out 50hp which im not trying to make anyways he said he had his turbo kit on his bike for 2 yrs b4 he tore his bike apart to put the TR bbkit in and he said it road amazing he said it wheely 1,2,and 3rd gear and he had a 14t front on i forgot to ask about the rear sprocket baldy but hes calling me back in a lil bc he had customers come in so ill update everyone later today thumb he said all that was on the stock engine internals he said the engine is very strong and 45hp should be really safe especially after i do the TR bbkit n low comp. piston .also he told me ppl would call him n ask him if the turbo kit added to much weight. so he took it down the street to his buddys garage that has a race car scale n he weight his bike with his full turbo kit and full tank of gas and it weight 297 he said its 4 lbs lighter than yamihas advertised stock weight he said after you remove all of the stock unecessary crap youd be suprised how much weight can get shed. also i kept telling him my overall goal was safe fun usable hp, the low end tq that TR kit adds with the top end power of his kit he said it will be an amazing bike n that he lovesdhis wen he just had his kit on it but hes swamped at work n he said he doesnt have time at this moment to rebuild it. and hes making good money so i dont blame him he said he had 500 miles on his bike stock then he put another 3000 miles on his bike with the turbo kit n he said everything checked out perfect so hopefully wen i do all this i have the same results.

im sure i left a bunch out but like i said i got a ton of info and will update u guys wen i remember stuff and finish tlking to morgan later today
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the ultimate engine   the ultimate engine EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:00 pm

addikted2boost wrote:
...if you buy it you must get it to a dyno shop to properly tune it. this is where my problem is i live in alaska and have no dyno shops soo im gonna have to wait atleast a yr till i move to do all this...
lurk SOOOOO... Did you move yet? Have you pulled the trigger on the Thumper BB & MPFab Turbo Kits yet?
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: the ultimate engine   the ultimate engine EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Where are you located in Alaska? Thunder Road in Fairbanks on college road has a dynojet I think, and I wouldn't be surprised if Trails End/The Outpost might as well. If not, someone in Anchorage is sure to have one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the ultimate engine   the ultimate engine Empty

Back to top Go down

the ultimate engine
Page 1 of 1