Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

led turn signal help

Go down 
+4
Fuzzy Wrench
Peterbuilt
Daamud
jimmy2020
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jimmy2020

led turn signal help Empty
PostSubject: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:20 pm

I had to install a relay to get my led turn signals to flash. Install was easy and now they flash, EXCEPT for the right rear.
I tried a couple of led turn signal lights in the right rear and none of them will flash. When I turn the key on, the right rear lights up and stays lit up regardless off having the turn signal activated or not. Seems as if it is just getting constant power just light the taillight?

Any ideas on how I could have wired this wrong? Seemed like a pretty simple job.
Back to top Go down
Daamud

Daamud

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:27 pm

I think you wired into the running light circuit.

Poke around with a test light with the blinker on. dunno

Its been awhile, IIRC the factory blinkers had 2 circuits; blink and running/marker dunno
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Daamud's right..

Not properly wired signal light is the issue..
Back to top Go down
jimmy2020

PostSubject: yes, i think you guys are right   led turn signal help EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:31 pm

the previous owner had wired the led rear turn signals. There are just two wires leading to the rear right turn signal and I think there were 3 for the stock signals. I guess I need to try to trace up and see if I can find where the original third wire was cut. Is that what you think?
I had forgot that the original turn signals were also used as running lights...thanks for that reminder.
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:27 am

the Canadian model shows the rear lights being turn signals only (no position lights).....I don't know if yours is the same...
Dark green wire is right turn, black ground; left turn is Chocolate (brown)...they originate at the turn signal switch...
happy poking...
Back to top Go down
IdahoRenegade

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Rather than start a new thread on a similar topic, I figured I'd hijack this one. I just wired in my LED turn signals.

Right signal flashes, a bit fast (as expected with lower load on the system).

Left light is connected to the brown (power) and black (gnd) wire and does not flash. When I hook up the old stock light to the same wires, it works. When I swap the (bike) wires from the right signal to the left, it flashes (meaning signal and crimp connects are OK). I believe (need to confirm) that when I hook up the left signal (bike) wires to the right turn signal, it flashes. Yet when I hook up the left bike wires to the left signal, no flash. WTFWTFWTf? Fronts (stock) work fine. Any ideas? Also, what is the blue lead, that only goes to the left signal, supposed to do? I did not hook it up, perhaps this is the problem.

Any help is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:22 am

The blue wire is probably for a running light which according to the schematic is only a feature of the front blinkers/wiring. Perhaps they sent you a front blinker instead of a rear left.

Based on what you've done to check everything out, I'd like to think that as long as that blue wire is isolated that it would work. Doesn't seem like it should matter but, perhaps they got the wires reversed inside the blinker. As in blue is for the blinker light, and chocolate is for the running light.

The odds seem very low but, you might try swapping the bulbs in the front blinkers (left<->right).

Have any other electrical mods been done to the bike?
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 4:27 am

It's an LED so if wired in reverse it won't light. Are you saying it comes on solid or not at all? If not at all try switching the wires around.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:55 pm

If I am not mistaken, the blue wire at the back is for the license plate light.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:57 pm

If I am not mistaken, the blue wire at the back is for the license plate light. I wired some LEDs and they work no prob, fast blink but that is not a bad thing IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: led turn signal help   led turn signal help Empty

Back to top Go down

led turn signal help
Page 1 of 1