Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

anyone swapping fronts on the road? ride to trails then swap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jpatt

jpatt

anyone swapping fronts on the road? ride to trails then swap Empty
PostSubject: anyone swapping fronts on the road? ride to trails then swap   anyone swapping fronts on the road? ride to trails then swap EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:02 pm

My bike came with a 14t Renthal front, which is super nice for highway riding but really sucks offroad... I swapped it for a 12t so now I'm running 12/43, which is great for around town, wheelies, fun, but not the highway at all. Now to add to all the hooplah, I ordered a 48 tooth rear, and am contemplating running 14/48 on road and swapping to the 12 once I get to the trails ( 10 min job). Number one: does anyone else do this? Number two: Is there a chain length that would even be able to span that kind of gearing change within the adjustment range? I know I'll need a 112 link to even get the 48 on there, but will it work with both 12 and 14 fronts?
Back to top Go down

anyone swapping fronts on the road? ride to trails then swap
Page 1 of 1