Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rinconrider

What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube? Empty
PostSubject: What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube?   What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube? EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:20 am

Does anyone know what this chamber is that sprouts off the main downtube from the airbox to the throttle body?

it's just got like a 4mm hole to it at one end. it's some sort of chamber obviously engineered with the air induction system but my wrr has half the hoses removed anyway!
since I am always looking to take 'unnecessary' bits of my bike and have opened up my airbox anyway, i wonder if i need this bit anymore.

has anyone removed it?

What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube? Chambe10

fiche simple says 'chamber, air'.

thanks

wes
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube?   What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube? EmptySun May 06, 2012 6:59 am

Probably a resonance chamber, something that first appeared on Yamaha dirt bikes (as far as I know) with the 1982 IT-175J.

The intake and exhaust tracts are designed around pressure wave resonance, and that hollow chamber makes the manifold connecting the airbox to the rear of the throttle body seem like it's longer or has more volume than it really does.
The intent is better performance.
Back to top Go down

What is the small chamber off the main airbox downtube?
Page 1 of 1