Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Remove my speedometer

Go down 
+2
kangolo
meirc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
meirc

Remove my speedometer  Empty
PostSubject: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:06 am

Hi
I remove my original speedometer from my WR250R bike (Year 2009)
I want to replace it by trail tech vapor,
I need the wiring color/connector to the speedometer
signal & high beam its easy but what regarding oil lamp/Heat etc..
Is there any schematic/wiring diagram of each connector the speedometer?
Back to top Go down
kangolo

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 10:24 am

I think the original speedo is required for the bike to run.
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: No   Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 11:42 am

I ride my bike for 4 days and i cant tell the difference with and without the speedometer.
Everything is fine with the bike without the speedometer
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:16 pm

meirc wrote:
I ride my bike for 4 days and i cant tell the difference with and without the speedometer.
Everything is fine with the bike without the speedometer

Can you post pictures of this? Your bike with no instrument cluster at all?

Everything I've read says you can't run the bike at all without stock Yamaha instrument panel.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
ramz

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 pm

Old news. Some guy rents them in Europe and has removed the speedos to limit damage expenses - posted several years ago.

While the WRR will run just fine without the instrument panel connected, you won't be able to see when the engine check light or temp light come on... Remove my speedometer  640571
Back to top Go down
ducky7

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm

ramz wrote:
Old news. Some guy rents them in Europe and has removed the speedos to limit damage expenses - posted several years ago.

While the WRR will run just fine without the instrument panel connected, you won't be able to see when the engine check light or temp light come on... Remove my speedometer  640571

don't forget about that all important fuel light ;)
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: photo of my bike without the speedometer   Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Remove my speedometer  C:\Users\MC\Desktop\wr250r\wr_speedo
Remove my speedometer  Wr_spe11
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: still meed help with the wiring    Remove my speedometer  EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Still meed help with the wiring of all the leds to the Trail Tech Indicator Light Dashboards
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 pm

red/green: unkeyed power, brown: keyed power, dark green: right turn, chocolate(dark brown): left turn, yellow: high beam indicator, green/white: low fuel signal, light green: neutral indicator, black: CO mode connector, black/white: ground, yellow/blue: speed signal from ecu... that's the ten wires i got...
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: Thank you ver much   Remove my speedometer  EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks
This was exactly what i needed.
Back to top Go down
meirc

PostSubject: Small question.   Remove my speedometer  EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Do you know by chance what is the CO mode connector?
Back to top Go down
Fuzzy Wrench

Fuzzy Wrench

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 9:49 pm

it's the black spare wire at the lean sensor...the one you ground out to access the CO adjustment mode...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remove my speedometer    Remove my speedometer  Empty

Back to top Go down

Remove my speedometer
Page 1 of 1