Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Actual MPG figures?

Go down 
+13
Delta_T
canyon63
oic0
Swagger
outlaw230
skierd
kingsquid
sturgeon
mordicai
Arkmage
motokid
sswrx
thelandman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Biglake

Actual MPG figures? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

All efi motors burn more gas when its cold out, you cant do anything about it.
Colder temps = more feul added to the mixture to keep the motor from running lean, you should have a tiny bit more power tho.
My car burns more gas in the winter too.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:00 pm

Good to know it's not just me...

So far I found about a 5 mpg drop from the cold weather. I thought maybe it was me playing with the fuel programmer, but this indicates that the stock ECU map does richen things up for the cold. It also means I will probably need to adjust the program when the temperatures get warmer.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:12 pm

All of us can go without programmer by only adjusting resistance of temperature sensor circuit in a proper way. There are so many e-bay listings for such kind of "power tuners"...
The other question is range that our ECU would accept without switching into default "safe" map. That is why Power Programmer is still popular for DIY tuning.

Quote :
It also means I will probably need to adjust the program when the temperatures get warmer.
I don't think so.. If you found digit combination that is good for you, no need to change it then weather changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actual MPG figures?   Actual MPG figures? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Actual MPG figures?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2