Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

what actual HP gain from basic mods?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
name

what actual HP gain from basic mods? Empty
PostSubject: what actual HP gain from basic mods?   what actual HP gain from basic mods? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 2:29 am

not sure if this is the right subforum but here goes. with a change to an aftermarket pipe (take your pick) with programmer and airbox basic mods, what do you folks think is the actual HP gain? i've read all kinds of figures and most seem like pure speculation, general hyperbole and lots of probable overstatement. 2-3 i reckon but perhaps you experts who have already done so have a better idea. thanks, eh.
Back to top Go down
speersie

speersie

PostSubject: Re: what actual HP gain from basic mods?   what actual HP gain from basic mods? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:40 am

name wrote:
not sure if this is the right subforum but here goes.  with a change to an aftermarket pipe (take your pick) with programmer and airbox basic mods, what do you folks think is the actual HP gain? i've read all kinds of figures and most seem like pure speculation, general hyperbole and lots of probable overstatement. 2-3 i reckon but perhaps you experts who have already done so have a better idea. thanks, eh.

There are a few people around that can share their dyno runs. There is some decent gains to be made. Even just the flapper mod and PCV with map for a stock bike(basically added fuel where needed) have made my bike's throttle response smooth out. Pulls harder and lugs better. Still keen to get a Q4 in the new year.

Here is one from HighFive when they first came out and what changes made how much difference
http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/dynotesting

This one is from about a week ago. It shows the gains that he got from having a map made for his bike and mods. He was previously running another map so the gains are not from stock like the first link.https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t11192-pcv-fuel-ignition-fuel-map-to-share

Most people say they can feel the improvements ant it changes how the bikes power is made but there are figures about to prove the gains as well. Comes down to what you want to do to it and how much you want to spend. 4Play has done almost all there is to be done to squeeze more out of the bike.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: what actual HP gain from basic mods?   what actual HP gain from basic mods? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:10 am

name wrote:
not sure if this is the right subforum but here goes.  with a change to an aftermarket pipe (take your pick) with programmer and airbox basic mods, what do you folks think is the actual HP gain? i've read all kinds of figures and most seem like pure speculation, general hyperbole and lots of probable overstatement. 2-3 i reckon but perhaps you experts who have already done so have a better idea. thanks, eh.

Yeah...on a bike with roughly 25hp to start, you're not going to get a 5+ hp gain with anything short of a turbo kit or big-bore rebuild.

Opening the breathing up and adding programmer is more along the lines of a couple extra ponies.

As already mentions though, the throttle response and general feel are marked improvements.

Seat of the pants feel can also be accomplished with gearing changes as well. Stock gearing is rather snooze inducing.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Biglake

PostSubject: Re: what actual HP gain from basic mods?   what actual HP gain from basic mods? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:46 pm

Highfives dyno run shows a 5 hp gain from stock.

To get this you need to cut the top off the airbox or remove the airbox door, add a pipe and a programmer.

You cant make this much extra power if you dont really open up the airbox, its whats holding it back, just screwing the flapper down doesnt give it enough air as he found out for us.

Technicly it makes just as much hp power without a programmer as its rich enough at full throttle for mods already you dont need to add any fuel there but it doesnt run well at less then full throttle with airbox mods and no programmer.

I have mine set up very similar to highfives, the extra 4-5 hp is not what you notice the most, what I notice the most is it will lug down lower while still pulling good and pull harder at high revs so I dont need to shift or clutch it as much when riding off road. For riding normally down the road I dont notice the gains as much as I tend to ride mostly in the mid range on the road.
Back to top Go down
name

PostSubject: Re: what actual HP gain from basic mods?   what actual HP gain from basic mods? EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:39 pm

very interesting stuff. thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what actual HP gain from basic mods?   what actual HP gain from basic mods? Empty

Back to top Go down

what actual HP gain from basic mods?
Page 1 of 1