Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AIS and stock pipe

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IAmABug

AIS and stock pipe Empty
PostSubject: AIS and stock pipe   AIS and stock pipe EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Should I replace the AIS unit if I am running the stock pipe again. I will be running it for about a month and just wondering if in that time the Cat will get plugged up?????
Back to top Go down
xy500

AIS and stock pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIS and stock pipe   AIS and stock pipe EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Depends on a lot of variables, especially how its ridden. possibly, possibly not.
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

AIS and stock pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIS and stock pipe   AIS and stock pipe EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:38 pm

I ride it like I stole it when on dirt and commute daily on it. I would think I do 250km a week, minimum.
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

AIS and stock pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIS and stock pipe   AIS and stock pipe EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm no expert , for sure...but AIS is all after the fact, injecting air into the exhaust...seems like purely for emission reasons.
Performance wise, putting shit in your exhaust circuit, that isnt necessary for performance, just takes up space, in prime realestate.
I can't imagine your engine would mind...It's more you and The man, that would be concerned.

..,I don't think a canadian bike would have a cat....that's just california models I think, if that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AIS and stock pipe Empty
PostSubject: Re: AIS and stock pipe   AIS and stock pipe Empty

Back to top Go down

AIS and stock pipe
Page 1 of 1