Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
deerHater

WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket Empty
PostSubject: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:38 am

I just installed a new 112 link chain and 49 tooth rear sprocket to use with the much taller R wheels and D606 tire.
I know a 13 front and 48 rear is ideal for a 112 link chain.

But I really like the stock 13 front / 43 rear sprocket combo for the X 17" street tires, so I think going to 47 tooth rear will have the gearing too low for me (I sometimes ride some larger 2 lane roads at about 120 kph.)

So with the same 112 link chain, if I go to a 14 tooth front sprocket, what rear sprocket would fit the chain length best? 47? 46?

I would only use the 14 front with the X wheels, keeping the 13 front and 49 rear for the R wheels.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Suggested from elsewhere, this tool is great:

http://www.gearingcommander.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket EmptyWed May 30, 2012 9:28 pm

FWIW, I'm using 112 links with 13/49 gearing on my R wheels, and with 14/48 gearing on my X wheels. Same chain, OEM axle blocks. Works great.
Back to top Go down
Marylucky

Marylucky

PostSubject: Re: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:55 am

I'm running 13/47 on R wheels and 13/45 on X wheels. 110 link chain
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 am

I looked at Gearing Commander and my top speed running 13/44 is 139kph with X rims. With my R rims running 13/49, top speed is 138.1kph. Not much difference. This is estimated speed of course.
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:37 am

I'm very happy with running 13/49 (112 links) for the R wheels. Worked great for a bumpy bottom 18" deep water crossing. Good for a loose steep longish hill with big rocks too. (ADV Ontario Roaming Rally last weekend. I was NOT worthy, but my WR250X-R was! wink )

I'm going to try 14/45 for my X wheels. According to the gearing commander, it should work OK with the 112 chain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket   WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket Empty

Back to top Go down

WR250X: running both X and Wheeling R wheels: front sprocket
Page 1 of 1