Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sr1

What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? Empty
PostSubject: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:18 am

I primarily want to do dirt riding with my "x" so I'm changing it to an "r."

That said, I would still like to enjoy it occasionally as an "x."

I was just about to change the rear sprocket to a 48 but obviously can't use that with the "x" sprocket.

What does everyone else do in this situation?

FYI, going with D606 tire on the "r" rim.

BTW, I did look through the archives, and found a few "45 will work" but sounded like speculation re: chain slack.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:28 am

Pick whatever sprocket size you want and swap it when you swap wheels
Back to top Go down
sr1

PostSubject: Re: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:34 pm

I guess that means I'll have a snap link chain then? Or rather, two? (one for the dirt length and one for the street length?) I've never done that before, I'm assuming that other than replacing the snap portion, there's no appreciable (additional) wear and tear on the chains due to the swapping?

Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

I have a 47 superlite sprocket installed on both my R and X wheels. I find it's a good compromise on both sets and I don't have to worry about swapping out the chain as well.
Back to top Go down
sr1

PostSubject: Re: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks! 'Preciate it!!!!
Back to top Go down
crash a-ron

PostSubject: Re: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:45 am

trav72 wrote:
I have a 47 superlite sprocket installed on both my R and X wheels. I find it's a good compromise on both sets and I don't have to worry about swapping out the chain as well.

Cool! Sounds like a great compromise. What front sprocket are you running then? 12? 13? 14?

Cheers-
Aaron
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?   What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels? Empty

Back to top Go down

What rear sprocket to keep same chain for X and R wheels?
Page 1 of 1