Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Metzler Unicross All-terrain front

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jkstehn

Metzler Unicross All-terrain front Empty
PostSubject: Metzler Unicross All-terrain front   Metzler Unicross All-terrain front EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi All,

Disclaimers first. I am a noob and have nothing to compare this to other than a worn trailwing front.

Spooned on this new tire a few days ago and so far I am very pleased. Tire went on with minimal trouble, though three spoons and clever knee bracing was required. Used Michelin ultra heavy duty tube.

I did balance the front wheel which took 2 1/4 oz.

I have about 200 miles of street on them and about 20 miles of trails. (wrong ratio isn't it!) No issues. I am really new to this and ride conservatively but I didn't have nearly the amount of front end sliding off road that I used to. They did suck on the loose gravel on top of hardpack but in the loose sand on hard pack and rock and ruts I felt really good and even found myself going faster than I used to. The first ride on the street, going to work, I took super easy due to fog dampened road. The second was the way home from work and the tires got nice and warm but only up to 50 mph. Third ride was this weekend and superslab speeds with top of 79mph (GPS). They are a little more wiggly over 65 than the trailwing and got a bit of bar shake on some of the raingrooves. They didn't track the concrete cracks too badly. Just barely have the center knob rubber stringy things worn off.

All in all, super pleased. ('course I don't know any better either) Got tire, tube and new rim strip for less than 606. I hope this things wears well because the first impression was a good one.

Jon
Back to top Go down

Metzler Unicross All-terrain front
Page 1 of 1