Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

3rd gear bog over rough terrain

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
motocrossmann

3rd gear bog over rough terrain Empty
PostSubject: 3rd gear bog over rough terrain   3rd gear bog over rough terrain EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 8:29 pm

There is an uphill trail at our local riding area that is covered in whoop-like bumps. Maybe between 1' and 2' in height, varying lengths. When I hit them in 3rd gear, holding it wide, probably about 3/4 of the total revs, I get bogging from an otherwise perfect running motor. My bike is bone stock with the exception of an FMF programmer to richen things up a bit. It seems like the motor is starving momentarily, then picks right back up. Fuel sloshing around? Bad fuel pump? (it is an early model 08') Other ideas?
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: 3rd gear bog over rough terrain   3rd gear bog over rough terrain EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Back to top Go down
lanerider

lanerider

PostSubject: Re: 3rd gear bog over rough terrain   3rd gear bog over rough terrain EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:44 am

for what its worth i keep my wrr factory standard i have a problem free bike it does what i want off and on road yamaha know what there doing when they develop a bike if i wanted more power i would get a bike with more power I'm a believer of not messing with things all the add ons you can get to make a bike faster is somewhere along the line going to upset things try going back to standard and see if the problem is still there
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: 3rd gear bog over rough terrain   3rd gear bog over rough terrain EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 9:03 am

First thing I'd do is check battery terminals and make sure they're not loose.

Then -

If everything is stock, except fuel programmer, I'd remove fuel programmer and see if problem goes away.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3rd gear bog over rough terrain   3rd gear bog over rough terrain Empty

Back to top Go down

3rd gear bog over rough terrain
Page 1 of 1