Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bikerguy10

Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada Empty
PostSubject: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 8:27 am

Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada Imgp0914Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada Imgp0913
Back to top Go down
vermillionaura

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:01 pm

nice bike mate!

are you running the q4 with the stock header? how's it go?
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:46 pm

Howdy neighbour...nice bike.
Back to top Go down
Bikerguy10

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:39 pm

vermillionaura wrote:
nice bike mate!

are you running the q4 with the stock header? how's it go?

Yes, Q4 with a stock header. I've got the bike geared down 13-47T so there's better bottom end where it is needed and I don't need to go 90+ mph so it seems to work out for the best. Just changed out the tires and that made a huge difference off-road, highly recommended.

I am interested in getting a Mega bomb header at some point down the road......we'll see, then I'll need a fuel programmer as well.

Thanks for your comments.
Back to top Go down
Bikerguy10

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 4:44 pm

mucker wrote:
Howdy neighbour...nice bike.

Thanks for the compliment! Where abouts are you located in NS? It's been a long time since I've had a bike so I'm a little green and don't have anyone to ride with on a regular basis. Certainly would be interested in meeting some other recreational riders who aren't looking to break their necks for a ride.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
vermillionaura

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:22 pm

so you don't need a fuel programmer until you change the header?
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Bikerguy10,

You should be able to hook up with some riders through Nova Scotia Dualsport Club. If not, come on up to NB for a weekend and I can show some great trails and spots around Fundy Park area. Great choice in bike, by the way thumb
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:19 am

vermillionaura wrote:

It's "recommended" that you get a programmer if you open up the exhaust and intake.

Plenty of people run around without a programmer with just a slip-on exhaust.

BUT - the bike will be much more responsive with a programmer.

Open up the breathing on the intake side and then you've got a situation where most feel you need a programmer to prevent running too lean and damaging hard parts.

Whether or not you have a header makes little difference regarding a programmer.

It's the intake combined with the overall exhaust.

Personally - I think your money is MUCH better spent on a programmer LOOOOOOOOONG before spending it on a header.

I've seen little evidence a header provides much of anything regarding performance increases. It's a very small section of pipe. dunno

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:36 am

I'm in the valley and my buddy is up around mount uniake.....and yourself?

I've met some fellas from dualsport.ca down here one day...they are a nice crowd.
Back to top Go down
Bikerguy10

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:24 am

mucker wrote:
I'm in the valley and my buddy is up around mount uniake.....and yourself?

I've met some fellas from dualsport.ca down here one day...they are a nice crowd.

Last edited by Bikerguy10 on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bikerguy10

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:26 am

motokid wrote:
vermillionaura wrote:

It's "recommended" that you get a programmer if you open up the exhaust and intake.

Plenty of people run around without a programmer with just a slip-on exhaust.

BUT - the bike will be much more responsive with a programmer.

Open up the breathing on the intake side and then you've got a situation where most feel you need a programmer to prevent running too lean and damaging hard parts.

Whether or not you have a header makes little difference regarding a programmer.

It's the intake combined with the overall exhaust.

Personally - I think your money is MUCH better spent on a programmer LOOOOOOOOONG before spending it on a header.

I've seen little evidence a header provides much of anything regarding performance increases. It's a very small section of pipe. dunno

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll have to plan on that Programmer sooner than later.

Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:56 am

Generally speaking - I'm really only parroting what's been posted by many others over the years.

It's more theory than "law".

I'm not sure anyone here can point to a thread about somebody damaging a wr250r/x due to it running too lean.

Most don't want to be the first, so most get the programmer when they start modding the things that alter the fuel/air ratio.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Geez, I'm just over in coldbrook.
Most wknds I try to get a few hours trail ridin in, either around here or towards mount uniake and sackville (alot of cool trails out that way).
Either way, usually just me and my buddy on our R2s, exploring for play spots.
Been a lil hard to make time lately, but this wknd is probably a go...though, it's kinda my turn to head towards the city.

You could head that way if you wish, but turns into a long day by the time you get home. I havent been that way yet this year, so lookin forward to some new scenery.
After that I'm sure we will be cruisin around here....or playin at the lil mx track in cambridge, behind the reserve and in between.
We both work regular and have chores, so matchin schedules usually means wknds, if lucky...last year was lucky.
Anywho, we could exchange a text if you like...
Back to top Go down
Bikerguy10

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:41 pm

mucker wrote:
Geez, I'm just over in coldbrook.
Most wknds I try to get a few hours trail ridin in, either around here or towards mount uniake and sackville (alot of cool trails out that way).
Either way, usually just me and my buddy on our R2s, exploring for play spots.
Been a lil hard to make time lately, but this wknd is probably a go...though, it's kinda my turn to head towards the city.

You could head that way if you wish, but turns into a long day by the time you get home. I havent been that way yet this year, so lookin forward to some new scenery.
After that I'm sure we will be cruisin around here....or playin at the lil mx track in cambridge, behind the reserve and in between.
We both work regular and have chores, so matchin schedules usually means wknds, if lucky...last year was lucky.
Anywho, we could exchange a text if you like...

Why........ your name isn't Carl by any chance is it??

Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 pm

PM sent...
Back to top Go down
mucker

mucker

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:37 pm

vermillionaura wrote:

To be honest...I cannot figure out why every, fuel injected bike, is not programmable from the factory...considering the simple mods sold, to program. It must be a marketing strategy, considering the after cost vs practical cost.
Regardless, even without pipes or air box mods, some have said, tweaking helps.
if you're willing to upgrade at all....a programmer seems the first step, performance/potential wise....the rest of the goodies just fit in, after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada   Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada Empty

Back to top Go down

Bikerguy10 WR250r in Nova Scotia, Canada
Page 1 of 1