Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Fan blade failure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kbike

kbike

Fan blade failure Empty
PostSubject: Fan blade failure   Fan blade failure EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 12:34 pm

Sunday on a ride I noticed a buzzing noise from my fan, then a little later in a slow section the temp light came on.
Yesterday I decided to see what the problem was and discovered the blade had separated from the motor shaft. There was a big glob of melted plastic where the metal holder had once been. I cleaned the melted plastic from the blades where the metal cross attached to the plastic, then glued and epoxied them together. It seems to have worked. The blade spins without too much wobble, so we'll see how it holds up.

Fan blade failure 20120611121335-M

Fan blade failure 20120611153024-M

Fan blade failure 20120611155427-M
Back to top Go down
Adaycj

Fan blade failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan blade failure   Fan blade failure EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 pm

This can happen on cars and trucks when they are stuck in mud, water, or snow. The fan comes on but the blade is so hard to spin that the shaft spins in the plastic and melts it. Have an adventure lately?
Back to top Go down
zinx

zinx

Fan blade failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan blade failure   Fan blade failure EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:28 pm

just glued mine back together with black silicone. The shaft spun like crazy and melted the middle of the plastic balde, left a big hole where the shaft used to fit nicely. Since I glued it back it works great but I glued it off center a little so it vibrates like a mofo. To anybody perfomring this fix, make sure you are lined up dead center to get it just perfect.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fan blade failure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fan blade failure   Fan blade failure Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan blade failure
Page 1 of 1