Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dryer

Dryer

Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install Empty
PostSubject: Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install   Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:24 pm

I recently went out and bought Pro Taper Evo bars and oversized clamps. I am having a hell of a time finding a way to install the oversized clamps. The new clamps have 19mm bolts on the underside of the top triple and I cant find any socket/tool small enough to tighten the nuts. I even tried dropping the forks which was a disaster Im not going to go into.

Someone tell me the obvious answer Im missing or what tools you used to install the clamps. Much obliged!
Back to top Go down
sturgeon

sturgeon

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install   Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 9:55 pm

Remove the top triple?
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install   Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:20 pm

I used a regular socket and a swivel. The left hand side isn't too difficult. On the right hand side I had to rotate the bars all the way to the right for the socket to clear the locking tab on the steer tube, once the socket was on I could rotate the bars back, hook up the swivel, and remove the nut.
Back to top Go down
Dryer

Dryer

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install   Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:57 am

Thanks for the responses, seems like I am missing the swiveling socket that might help out quite a bit.

Edit: Did both of the above by raising the triple and using wobble sockets and was able to complete everything. Thanks again.

I have to say the vibes from the bars are pretty much extinguished with the fat bars and handguards. The increased weight in turning the bars is noticeable but probably something I just need to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install   Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install Empty

Back to top Go down

Pro Taper Oversized Bars Install
Page 1 of 1