Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer

Go down 
+2
bigg
motokid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer Empty
PostSubject: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:37 am

Same exact route.

Yamaha wr250x with 13/48 and Distanzia tires. Corrected speedometer using the 12oclocklabs calculator.

Odometer reading: 15.5 miles

100% stock Honda Civic.

Odometer reading: 16.4 miles.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:11 pm

good to know, but useless unless we know how accurate the civic's odometer is.

Stock car speedo's are usually around 3-5 km/h fast, what about odos? Just a few percent (1-2%) off actual or what?
Back to top Go down
IAmABug

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:40 pm

Car speedos by law are to be within 5%. That's my understanding.
Back to top Go down
Peterbuilt

Peterbuilt

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Wondering if using a bike mounted GPS is more accurate than your method..

I just recently replaced my 140/70/17 Bridgestone Battlax BT-003r with a wider 150/60/17 version of that tire..

I went on the 12O'clock Labs online calculator and figured it to be off by -22.7 according to their calculator..

When using my bike mounted GPS (Garmin Oregon 550), I noticed I was going about 100km/h and the gps was reading about 94km/h.

So looks like I'll have to do some more adjusting..
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:03 pm

Errrr......so I'm really talking distance here. Not indicated speed.

My speed is close enough based on some of those radar signs I've passed.

I would assume the odometer in my 100% stock Honda Civic has to be pretty darn close to spot on.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 pm

motokid wrote:

I would assume the odometer in my 100% stock Honda Civic has to be pretty darn close to spot on.

Especially since Honda not too long ago lost a class-action lawsuit and got fined over inaccurate odometers.
Back to top Go down
bartlett608

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:11 am

With these bikes its one or the other from what I understand. They come from the factory with a spot on odometer, but the speed reading is off. So if you adjust the speed reading down to where it should be, then you also adjust down the odometer to lower than what it should be.
Back to top Go down
jon_l

jon_l

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

bartlett608 wrote:
With these bikes its one or the other from what I understand. They come from the factory with a spot on odometer, but the speed reading is off. So if you adjust the speed reading down to where it should be, then you also adjust down the odometer to lower than what it should be.

Mine has a SpeedoHealer, installed by the original owner. Assuming what you wrote is correct, that means if the speed is corrected, then the odo is reading low, and that my fuel consumption calculations are off. eeek
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 12:58 pm

bartlett608 wrote:

100% correct.

Which is why I started this thread.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer   SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer Empty

Back to top Go down

SpeedoDRD corrected Odometer vs Honda Civic Odometer
Page 1 of 1