Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road Empty
PostSubject: From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road   From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 pm

All I say is wow.

Now I'm running
Rear: Pilot Road 3 150/70ZR-17
Front: Pilot Power 110/70ZR-17

My thought was sticky front batter braking, and they would wear out around the same time since the front always wears half as fast. Some of the handling difference is due to the height change too. With the shinkos the front was taller and the rear was taller. Like this, the back is taller and the front stock. Anyhow, like this it is very agile to the point of feeling nervous compared to the 705s. Previously I had to lean to do just about any turning at all above first gear. Now the bike wants you to turn the bars a bit for lower speed stuff. I think with the shinkos the bars could have been welded and I never would have known it except in parking lots. Also I seem to turn a lot more at lower lean angles and it takes much less to make it lean at lower speeds and responds to inputs much much faster. Corners I expect to lean in to I go through effortlessly at very little lean angle. The bike also stops much better. The only down side I've noticed is when I get on the gas hard while layed over, the bike fights to stand up straight. With the shinkos it had zero effect until the rear started to slide.

I also changed to 14/47 gearing. I do appreciate the complete lack of chain slap and the ability to wheelie in first, but I feel like I'm abusing the motor to go over 65mph. Feels like I've left it in 5th gear both buzz and acceleration wise.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road   From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:31 pm

I run 14/47 as well. It'll rev out further than it goes when I'm cruising at an indicated 80mph. This motor is happy to rev. I'm not at all concerned about it.
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road   From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:18 pm

pbnut wrote:
I run 14/47 as well. It'll rev out further than it goes when I'm cruising at an indicated 80mph. This motor is happy to rev. I'm not at all concerned about it.

I'm not too worried about it either. I just don't want to go an hour or two on the interstate with it trying to keep up with traffic thats all going 80. It buzzes its nuts off at a gps 80mph (speedo displays ~90mph)
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road   From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:33 pm

I bet. My daily commute sees me doing an indicated 80mph for less than 10 miles. I'm sure that's still above the speed limit though. I don't think I've gone that fast though for the exact reason you describe. It would be screaming!
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road   From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Well its apaprently not hurting my mileage any. With the new gearing its a quick little SOB and I've been driving it like a complete jackass. Still got 56mpg last tank after correction for gearing change. Thats including some time at a real 70 to 80+mph and blasting away from just about every stop sign and traffic light. Bike also seems quieter as I don't have to use as much throttle to compensate for the normal ups and downs of traffic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road   From shinko 705s.... to....  Pilot Power + Pilot Road Empty

Back to top Go down

From shinko 705s.... to.... Pilot Power + Pilot Road
Page 1 of 1