Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

On the way home after buying my wrx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Adam.

Adam.

On the way home after buying my wrx  Empty
PostSubject: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 11:33 am

Just on my way home, first impressions of the bike are good!

On the way home after buying my wrx  83be5b21
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Lookin' goooood!

is it brand new?

Mine has exactly the same graphics and the black frame (got an R though), and I have been thinking about getting me some black side panels. The white ones always seem so dirty and a pain to keep clean Very happy

Liking the combo thumb maybe can I get a view of the other side? that'd be great lurk
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Awesome! Congrats thumb .
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm thinking it's a 2008.

Looks like rear sprocket has that trashy gasket on it.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Adam.

Adam.

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeh it's a 2008 with 600 miles on it ( ex demo ) will get some more pics up tomorrow hopefully, what's the problem with rear sprocket? I thought all the years were the same?
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:49 pm

motokid wrote:
I'm thinking it's a 2008.

Looks like rear sprocket has that trashy gasket on it.

I can say that at least for the EU model they have kept that gasket thing on. My 2010 also has it baldy . Just hoping the sprocket will wear out soon Very happy

whats wrong with it? it's a nasty device developed to reduce "noise", put on the front and rear sprocket. It catches on dirt and mud and is a pain in the *** to clean, but can also cause chain slipping under certain conditions, like for example under heavy acceleration if the road is bumpy enough and the bumps are hit at the right moment GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:57 pm

I found that gasket did the exact opposite of "reduce noise".

Mine squeaked and made noise if it got even the slightest bit "dry".

Ride it in the rain once, and the next day you'd think the brake pads were worn out dragging due to the noise.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm

I was told by the yamaha mechanic when I bough my bike that it's purpose was to reduce noise. (he was quite disgusted by it haha)

I never put in question the absolute uselessness of the darn thing. just that that was it's designed purpose, but on top of all the negatives it brings, it doesn't even manage to actually reduce the noise Suspect

I don't like changing stuff when it's still in good conditions, so I'm waiting for it to at least wear out a bit so that I'll be ok with my conscience Shog

I secretly wish someone would go and thrash my sprocket at night so that I'd have a good reason to change it poser2 poser2
Back to top Go down
Coop

Coop

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 8:27 pm

That gasket is awful. I cut mine off and the horrible squeaking/squealing went away. Get rid of the one off the front too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the way home after buying my wrx    On the way home after buying my wrx  Empty

Back to top Go down

On the way home after buying my wrx
Page 1 of 1