Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Tire Wear

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:43 pm

Well, my 606 needed to be replaced anyways....

Tire Wear IMG_1071

5300km on the old skin. I might just patch the tube and run it until a week before Loose Screw and have a fresh skin. The guys at the bike shop and the tire shop couldn't believe how well this tire wore! wink thumb

ZED

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 am

Wow! That's amazing for a knobby. I have a set of 606s for my KLR which I like, but I don't get much chance to play with them so I haven't worn through a set. I wouldn't have expected anything like that kind of life.

... Hmmm ... Unless of course you're 'easy' on the throttle. Very happy wink hide
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah...riiiiight. poser2

dirtytrixx400

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:29 am

that is a long time on a knobby...how many miles have you put on your bike total now SheWolf?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:28 am

5350 km. I only had the TW's on long enuf to realize they were coming off. thumb

inspector

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 am

5300 kilometers is equal to 3,293.267 miles

The USA had it's chance to convert and didn't

That would be awesome if i could get something like that. What do you ride like 50/50 dirt/pavement?

*i am glad i listened to you and got the 606's!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Close enuf, yeah. I'm at the hard point of the rubber right now so it's sticking like glue. I just popped off one side, pulled out the tube and patched it, slid it back in and then stuffed it back on. There's still good pavement ripping on those things still. wink

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 3:05 am

SheWolf, that is good milage indeed.
I regularly jumped between the MT-21 & the 606 on my KLR. Both about as near a knobby design as different brands could be. Found both behaved about the same off road but the 606 was a tad better on the pavement.
I always went w/ the thickest tube I could find, for better puncture protection.
Then I could keep the original tube for an off road flat fix.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm running the Tuff Tubes anyway, but even those are no match for a 2 inch long spike. Suspect I'm still running the old 606...considering I have only ridden my monster once since the 18th of last month, and that was to bring it back home after being evacuated. The new skin will eventually go on. I want to see just how much more wear I can squeeze out of this old dog. Very happy

ZED

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 12:36 am

I finally gave up on any kind of beefier tubes as they just make the wheel weigh a noticeable amount more and still don't resist the wood screws that seem to do in the tube in the end.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:36 am

There are a couple of reasons why I have learned to use thicker tubes.
Sand here in Florida will find its way between the inner tire sides & tube walls, when you air down for our regular sugar fest for the best. However, since I have been using the Ride-On
tire sealant/balancer I have picked up nails & sheet rock screws, even barb wire spirs. Sometimes I won't know I have the damn little hitch hickers til I do my pre ride tire inspection. The thicker tubes helps the sealant work better & faster. There's more wall area for the Ride-On to seal. This gives the sealant's constant 8 oz moving a bigger surface to attach itself to. Been using this stuff for years & have had flats but never the dangerous blow out nor the stranded thing. It enables the rider to air up & go home w/o doing a field fix. Not all days of riding are sunny & along side a nice bike shop. There are a couple little direction about when you find a nail or a screw in the tire. Like unscrew the screw to lessen the hole. Don't just jerk it out. Most of the directions are common considerations.
Have used Ride-On in my tubless tires which can be pluged on the road & there is no inter problems w/ the plug not holding. Have put well over 5,000 miles on a rear Avon after discovering a stinking nail in my new tire. Just couldn't make myself discard a new tire after only a couple of hundred miles. I wouldn't suggest using a tire w/ a puncture in it.
Everytime I rode the thing I was thinking about that plug. Suspect
It should be noted that Ride-On doesn't suggest putting their product inside your flat tire, but use it to head off that flat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tire Wear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tire Wear   Tire Wear Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire Wear
Page 1 of 1