Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Rear Blinker Concern

Go down 
+3
Heoz
TurbStLCards
Derogatory Term
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

Rear Blinker Concern Empty
PostSubject: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:16 pm

So I have some sort of an aftermarket LED rear brake/turn signal. Works great except that it seems to have a column of LEDs burnt out. They don't come on when I signal or brake. Any ideas?

Rear Blinker Concern Br1VH
Back to top Go down
TurbStLCards

TurbStLCards

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Step 1) Leave Kansas
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Believe me man, I would if I could.
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Just a guess but that might be a DRC taillight.

In the other post where you brought this up, I misunderstood what you were calling a column. I was thinking along the lines of this - click me

Burnt out LEDs or a wire that came loose inside the light seem like good candidates.
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:03 am

Is it pretty easy to get in there? Or should I call up the dealer from where I got it and see if I can't finagle a deal?
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 am

I don't know if it's easy to open but I did find a post in this thread that indicates it can be opened. If it gives you trouble getting it opened, you might want to leave it alone as it still performs the intended functions.
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 am

Word. I like the way you think.
Back to top Go down
Delta_T

Delta_T

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:01 am

Derogatory Term wrote:
Believe me man, I would if I could.

What's wrong with Kansas? dunno

It's centrally located and it's nice and square. Seems alright to me thumb
Rear Blinker Concern 270px-Kansas_in_United_States.svg
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:27 am

Don't forget that 99.34% of roads are straight. Sounds awesome right!?
Back to top Go down
bnick3

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 am

When I got mine new the exact same thing happened, but with a different row of lights. I should have sent it back but I wanted to ride so I took it apart and found some stray solder connecting things on the board that should not have been there. Sloppy board assembly. A quick scrape with a knife and all is now well.
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

Agree, it's very unlikely that the LEDs are burnt out/broken. leds last forever Very happy

mostly likely is a loose cable, maybe something wasn't soldered on properly etc.

Should be an easy fix if you get the thing open.
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Word. I'll see if I can't bust into it when I get some free time. I didn't get home from work til dark tonight. At worst it can wait til the weekend. I need to wash this damn thing already. Oil change wouldn't hurt either.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:10 am

Its probably something burned out on the board inside the DRC taillight. Mine did the same thing after a year and a full winter of riding, several washes, several near drownings, etc. I had ordered mine from 12 o'clock labs so they fixed it under warranty, more than likely they can fix it for you too.

And for the record I loved riding across Kansas, at least on all the back roads, dirt roads, forest roads, and other barely improved trails that followed the contours of the rolling plains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Blinker Concern   Rear Blinker Concern Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear Blinker Concern
Page 1 of 1