Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Getting read to convert R to X and have questions.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
A66auto

Getting read to convert R to X and have questions. Empty
PostSubject: Getting read to convert R to X and have questions.   Getting read to convert R to X and have questions. EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:16 am

OK,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger converting my R to an X and as far as I understand, I will need the following parts:

Complete X wheels front and back
X fork guards to hold the front brake line
Front X caliper (Caliper Assy (Left) 3D7-2580T-10-00)
X kick stand

I already have a speedo healer. Are there any more parts that I'm going to need?

Also, does the x have a specific skid plate and engine winglets or are they the same as the R?

What year X was in black? I believe it was in 09?

Thanks,

Alex
Back to top Go down
sanluissound

Getting read to convert R to X and have questions. Empty
PostSubject: R to X    Getting read to convert R to X and have questions. EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Alex,

I've not made that swap directly but have one of each bike (after purchasing my R my wife wanted one, we found a great condition X and converted it). From what I can tell your list is pretty complete. The fork guard difference between the two is not just the brake line mount point but the height of the cut out area which allows for the appropriate size tire. You may need a new brake line as well. If you have to by a new one consider the after market company - Galfer - they make a stainless/braided line that fits our bikes and is considered very high quality (and less "mushy" than stock).

Since I converted my X to an R I have a bike that leans far too much when on the stand (this problem is even worse when I'm in the woods on less that flat terrain). So.. I need an R stand and you need an X stand, would you like to swap? Feel free to post or PM me if interested.

I put the same Flatland skid plate on each bike and removed the silly little plastic wings, so I presume no difference there.

My 2008 X is in black, guessing the rest of the years are as well.

- Oops, wasn't thinking about the plastic, just the frame and fork tubes.. -

Good luck with your swap!

Joe

A66auto wrote:
OK,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger converting my R to an X and as far as I understand, I will need the following parts:

Complete X wheels front and back
X fork guards to hold the front brake line
Front X caliper (Caliper Assy (Left) 3D7-2580T-10-00)
X kick stand

I already have a speedo healer. Are there any more parts that I'm going to need?

Also, does the x have a specific skid plate and engine winglets or are they the same as the R?

What year X was in black? I believe it was in 09?

Thanks,

Alex
Back to top Go down

Getting read to convert R to X and have questions.
Page 1 of 1