Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New to forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
loki87

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:05 pm

Good morning from Cali,
Loki87 here just jumped over from Supermotojunkie. just bought a wr250x from a guy. I am joning her to find out more ride specific info. I would like to get a juice box,powercomander,FMF box. My brother/bike guy, and local shop are telling me not to mess with it that it will rob from peter to pay paul as far as power/fuel managment goes. My other question is on gearing I know Original owner went up or down a tooth up front ofr freeway speed... what would you guys recommend for a 70-30 split hwy-city/mountains? thanks and sorry for the long winded intro/Questions... should have my 12oclocklabs tailight/blinker kit by Sat. For some reason the guy I bought off of took off the finder and all blinkers and horn.... chopped up the finder and used L brackets to mount the plate frame and stock tailight under finder. any way rant over. Please let me know what you guys think as far as teh above stuff goes and I look forward to being a part of the WR family.
Loki87
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 pm

I already said welcome to you on SMJ, but welcome here as well!

I have an FMF programmer, but it came with the bike so I don't really know any different. If you have a different pipe, it is highly recommended. I can tell you that with a pipe, airbox mods, and programmer, this thing really rips. I have heard good things about adding a programmer to a stock bike also, but I think the gains there would be minimal.

My gearing is currently 13/45. It cruises very nice at 55 to 60 mph, and tops out around 92 mph. If I were doing more highway I would probably go back to the stock gearing, which I think was 13/42? Or if you already have a 14 tooth on the front, maybe go slightly larger in the back to get some more drive torque.

Post some photos if you get a chance!
Back to top Go down
loki87

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:53 pm

dmmcd wrote:
I already said welcome to you on SMJ, but welcome here as well!

I have an FMF programmer, but it came with the bike so I don't really know any different. If you have a different pipe, it is highly recommended. I can tell you that with a pipe, airbox mods, and programmer, this thing really rips. I have heard good things about adding a programmer to a stock bike also, but I think the gains there would be minimal.

My gearing is currently 13/45. It cruises very nice at 55 to 60 mph, and tops out around 92 mph. If I were doing more highway I would probably go back to the stock gearing, which I think was 13/42? Or if you already have a 14 tooth on the front, maybe go slightly larger in the back to get some more drive torque.

Post some photos if you get a chance!
I will work on that this weekend. and thanks. I have been doing a lot of research and asking on fourms and everythign I have come up with and have been told has conflicted with them. I am going to take a closer look at the bike this weekend and see exactly what air box mods etc.. he has done and go from there i think that after this taillight kit I am going to do the Tuner box and a bigger Gas tank... almost ran out of gas lastnight.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 pm

Haha, yeah. I could go about 200 miles on a tank with my SV650. Now the fuel light comes on around 75 miles... I don't mind though, I don't do many long rides. When commuting to work, I fill it up every other day.
Back to top Go down
loki87

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 pm

dmmcd wrote:
Haha, yeah. I could go about 200 miles on a tank with my SV650. Now the fuel light comes on around 75 miles... I don't mind though, I don't do many long rides. When commuting to work, I fill it up every other day.

4 bucks for premium her in cali Love it thats VS the 49 in my Woman's KIA
Back to top Go down
loki87

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:43 pm

dmmcd wrote:
I was just reading your mods list I am not sure what he did to air box i know smog stuff is off and the cover is off. is there more besides that? I see a lot of different stuff listed on sites online I dont want to chop/jerry rig my ride but yeah i do want to open her up.
Back to top Go down
dmmcd

dmmcd

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:38 pm

loki87 wrote:

I was just reading your mods list I am not sure what he did to air box i know smog stuff is off and the cover is off. is there more besides that? I see a lot of different stuff listed on sites online I dont want to chop/jerry rig my ride but yeah i do want to open her up.

If cover is off, you aren't going to get any more air in than that. I didn't want to leave the cover off, since I ride in rain and wet and was worried about getting water in there, so I gutted the snorkel thing on top of the airbox to reduce any restrictions, but still have some protection from splashing water.

I basically followed this guide: http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake/77-airboxmod
Back to top Go down
loki87

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm

dmmcd wrote:
loki87 wrote:

If cover is off, you aren't going to get any more air in than that. I didn't want to leave the cover off, since I ride in rain and wet and was worried about getting water in there, so I gutted the snorkel thing on top of the airbox to reduce any restrictions, but still have some protection from splashing water.

I basically followed this guide: http://www.wrrdualsport.com/tech-guide/air-intake/77-airboxmod
I will look at it My cusin is coming down tomorrow (certified yamaha/honda tech from MMI) he is going to help me fix my junk ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum   New to forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum
Page 1 of 1