Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New wr250r owner in SoCal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fanky2587

New wr250r owner in SoCal  Empty
PostSubject: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:23 am

thumb 2012 wr250r. Can't wait till my new adventures.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 am

Welcome Very happy I cant wait for this three feet of snow to melt so I can go adventure myself! droooool
Back to top Go down
Fanky2587

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 11:56 am

So do I really have to wait until 1000 miles till I can use full on throttle ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 am

Fanky2587 wrote:
So do I really have to wait until 1000 miles till I can use full on throttle ???

Welcome and Congrats!!! No you don't as long as you don't hold it there for long periods of time. Ride it through the gears like you at various speeds. Make sure to change the oil at 200 and 1000. You'll be fine!!

Enjoy

Doc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 9:35 am

"Ride it through the gears like you at various speeds."

Can you tell I was gonna insert "STOLE IT" LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 am

LOL Docman, I picked up on that right away. I didnt pay a whole lot of attention for first 600 just didnt pin it more than a couple seconds. Use all throttle ranges and all gears. I wonder why the manufacturer doesnt recommend mixing the gas for first tank to seat the rings. This fall I rebuilt my snowmobile (new pistons, rings, and bored cylinder) the snowmobile is two stroke w/ oil injection 50:1. The manufacturer reccomended mixing the first six gallons of gas 50:1 on top of the 50:1 oil injection to seat rings and smooth down the bore. Why dont we do this to every new machine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 1:38 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
LOL Docman, I picked up on that right away. I didnt pay a whole lot of attention for first 600 just didnt pin it more than a couple seconds. Use all throttle ranges and all gears. I wonder why the manufacturer doesnt recommend mixing the gas for first tank to seat the rings. This fall I rebuilt my snowmobile (new pistons, rings, and bored cylinder) the snowmobile is two stroke w/ oil injection 50:1. The manufacturer reccomended mixing the first six gallons of gas 50:1 on top of the 50:1 oil injection to seat rings and smooth down the bore. Why dont we do this to every new machine?

LOL!! Yeah I hear ya, I used to rebuild my 2 strokes all the time the way you said. I really don't know why the manufacturer doesn't recommend that!! It wouldn't hurt anything IMO cause it would be like fogging the cylinder before storage and then riding it in spring. I see no harm in doing that at all. It may cause to run rich a little is all I can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wr250r owner in SoCal    New wr250r owner in SoCal  Empty

Back to top Go down

New wr250r owner in SoCal
Page 1 of 1