Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Polisport Halo Headlight

Go down 
+3
bigg
skrew
Jakerb
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jakerb

Jakerb

Polisport Halo Headlight  Empty
PostSubject: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 am

I've been riding with the Polisport Halo headlight for a week now and I'm very satisfied.
Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-10

When riding at night I switch to my brights because the range the polisport gets Isn't quite as spread out as the stock was. The polisport seems more focused about 25 or 30 feet out but switching to the brights does away with that problem.
Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-11

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-12

I'm fine with the range of visibility because if there are no cars around I can use my brights and If there are cars I can most likely see well enough around me to not need the switch. There may be a way to tilt the headlight up more but I don't see how that could be done with the mounting system it has.

Installation was very easy. Taking the stock headlight and fender off was a breeze. I was also putting on the Acerbis supermoto fender so both the stock headlight and fender went to the side.

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-13

Here is what is included with the Polisport Headlight

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-14

It is a very straight forward installation. The rubber straps connect either straight from the headlight to the forks or from the included plastic extensions to the forks which is the route I took.

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-15

My only complaint about the installation process was the fact that no instructions were provided. Being an aircraft mech, I know the importance of using your pubs. Even when working on the bike, I like to be reassured that everything was put together the intended and proper way. Granted everything is simple enough that with a little common sense the whole process should be self explanatory. A company should however include instructions with even the simplest of products.

One connection unhooks from the stock headlight and plugs right in to the Polisport. There is a seperate small bulb of which I just zip tied the wire so it wouldn't rattle around in there. I'm not sure of the purpose of this bulb is but my guess is other bikes stock headlights also have this so it was intended to hook right up as well. Enlighten me if there is a specific purpose to this smaller bulb.

Thats literally the whole process, hook up the new bulb and attach the rubber straps to the forks. Very easy!

I am very happy with the headlight overall. It looks amazing and provides plenty of visibility for me. Did I mention it looks amazing? So glad to see that 90's looking headlight replaced...

Please excuse my bad grammer, I'm sure that I'm in need of a refresher english class or two...

I will also post up a video of the Polisport in action at night. Let me know if this is something you would be interested in seeing. Here are some more pics, I'm not sure why it made them sideways. Thanks for reading! Let me know if you are in SoCal and want to do some riding!

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-16

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-17

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-18

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-19

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-20

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-21

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-22

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image-23

Polisport Halo Headlight  Image10
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:07 am

How do you get both turn signal ON simultaneously? EU version does't have such handle switch..
Back to top Go down
bigg

bigg

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 am

skrew wrote:
How do you get both turn signal ON simultaneously? EU version does't have such handle switch..

I had asked myself that as well as I've seen it a lot before from videos and pictures in the US. with some reading around I figured out that the US model has "running lights" in their turn signals which are on all the time, a bit like the standing light in the headlight.

we don't got that here. Not sure if it is a law thing that in the US vehicles MUST have this or not dunno maybe someone can shed some light onto us eu folks Very happy pretty sure something like that wouldn't be allowed / is illegal in germany...

anyway advantage of it for us is that we get the smaller OEM indicators that aren't as big as the US ones thumb
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:40 am

In the USA, the bikes come wired like that, like it or not.
The front turn signal bulbs have two filiments - one filiment is always lit as a running light when ever the headlight is lit, which means when ever the engine is running.
When you hit the turn signal switch to indicate a turn, the other filiment comes into play and the light gets brighter each time it flashes.

I'm not sure on the law governing running lights here in the USA, as Suzuki motorcycles sold in the USA don't have that feature (at least not all of them), but Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki do use it.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks for the wright-up Jakerb, the headlight looks nice. Is the front plastic around it a little taller?
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 am

I wouldn't say that it's taller. Just a different shape really. The top of the headlight isnt far from being flush with the speedo cluster. It doesn't provide any wind protection if thats what your after. I think the acerbic cyclops has a taller wind guard if I'm not mistaken..
Back to top Go down
leed

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

Question, how shallow is the Polisport bulb housing? Or is it about the same as stock? I have feeling most of what I will find are the same as stock, but figure it is worth a shot! It sure looks great though!
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:31 am

Thanks! And it is same as stock.
Back to top Go down
timmyooo

timmyooo

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm

looks sick, thinking about ordering one. Any problems mounting with stock front fender, or did it look funny?
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 pm

I installed both the fender and headlight at the same time so I didn't try the polisport with the stock fender. IMO the stock fender looks funny enough as it is hah. The only thing I could think that would be different is you may have to have the headlight sit higher because of the shape of the stock fender. I included some pictures of what I'm talking about. It also looks like you would be able to see the holes where the stock headlight attaches to the stock fender.

Polisport Halo Headlight  Photo_12

Polisport Halo Headlight  Photo_13
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:13 pm

The shape of the Acerbis fender and polisport headlight almost look like they were made for eachother...they really compliment eachother.
Back to top Go down
timmyooo

timmyooo

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm

i ordered my polisport last night, i cut my fender down and like the look of it so i'm hoping it looks nice with the new headlight, the holes will definitely show, ill put a pic up when im done, hopefully by next weekend
Back to top Go down
Jakerb

Jakerb

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Awesome! thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polisport Halo Headlight    Polisport Halo Headlight  Empty

Back to top Go down

Polisport Halo Headlight
Page 1 of 1