Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Polisport headlight installation. Need advice.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
trick2stroke

Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. Empty
PostSubject: Polisport headlight installation. Need advice.   Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey everyone, newly registered member but I've been around to browse here for some time.

Recently bought an 08 WR250X and have slowly been making some changes from the last owner.

Right now I'm installing the Polisport halo light as the Acerbis light that was on it I found ugly and it provided horrible lighting, on top of that is was set to only run "high" beams, if you could even call it that, so it wouldn't pass inspection. I could have just spliced the lows back in but I really dislike the light and didn't bother.

The problem I'm running into is it looks like the stock plug had been removed and an adapter added for the Acerbis light.

Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. 6423c3fb

Now from what I've found in searching the bulb requires an H4 plug. Bare with me, I'm not very experienced with electrical wiring.

Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. Ab33e22d

Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. 34265-h4-adapter-converter-socket-pigtail-wires

My questions are what kind of connector does the smaller plug require, and what wires go to which prong in the H4 connector and smaller plug?

If I remember right the yellow is the high, green low, and black ground, but there are two black wires and two yellows. I am only assuming here but I would think the second yellow would go to the blue wire on the smaller plug and then of course black to black for the grounds but which prongs on the Polisport light takes the high/low/ground? It came with no instructions and I do not have the stock plug or light for reference.

Am I on the right track here? If so I would greatly appreciate it if someone could chime in and let me know the type of plug that small female end takes and confirm the rest of my assumptions. I will be commuting to school with this bike starting on the 27'th of this month and would like to get this taken care of to pass inspection and clean up the look of the bike. Also very hopeful it will have greater output.

Thanks for your time!

Blake
Back to top Go down
Arkmage

PostSubject: Re: Polisport headlight installation. Need advice.   Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:59 pm

You sir... need a wiring diagram.

Search around, there is a PDF of the factory service manual available online. I'd send it to you but I'm on vacation and don't have the file on this machine.

As for the H4 connector, you can buy a new one at any autoparts store. They cost about $4 usually.

Not sure what the heck that mini connector is. I don't recall having one of those. Does your polisport have a running light? That may be the plug for a 4w running light.

*edit* took a closer look that is indeed a running light. I cut the wires off as close to the headlight as possible and then RTV'd the connector in place (running a polisport on the KDX). Those things are generally held in with a rubber grommet and they fall out easily. You won't need it anyways since you'll be running the low beam as a running light on the street.
Back to top Go down
trick2stroke

PostSubject: Re: Polisport headlight installation. Need advice.   Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Just what I needed to hear, thank you!

That small connecter was spliced in to run that Acerbis light, which is where a lot of my confusion came from initially.

Since posting this I had come across some PDF manuals and a wiring diagram. If that's just a little running light I will take your advice and eliminate it.

Thanks again.

Blake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polisport headlight installation. Need advice.   Polisport headlight installation. Need advice. Empty

Back to top Go down

Polisport headlight installation. Need advice.
Page 1 of 1