Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Hello from Boise, Idaho

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
IdahoWR250R

Hello from Boise, Idaho Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Boise, Idaho   Hello from Boise, Idaho EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:02 pm

I just purchased a 2009 WR250R that had 777 miles for a reasonable price. I have had bikes for many years and have been a fan of the KLR250's for many reasons and I still kept one. However, as I have gotten older (North of 50), I like the bumps less, but still like the speed. That meant I could not get any of the slug dual sprts out there for old guys.

How to fix that? Get a bike with a better suspension. Hence the WRR. I have to tell you this WRR is a wonderful bike and I like it. With 10.8" of travel it feels like I am gliding along on trails. There are a few quirks I still need to figure out. For instance, it is no better in snow and ice than my KLR's.

Though, the throttle seems to be the most quirky. I had it reprogrammed under warranty and so it is much better. However, that throtle does not allow for the very slow speed navigating that my KLR250's do with their butttery smooth throttle. I'll wait on gearing the WRR down until I get more experience.

Other than the fantastic suspension and quirkly throttle; how does it compare. I think this bike has a little less horsepower than my KLR250's, but it is much snappier in the dirt. So, I don't really need to go 89mph on the highway, I will settle for 83mph. (Note, my older 02KLR was much faster than my 04 KLR after some minor mods in jetting). I really like the snappy feel in the dirt. Hope I don't get hurt playing too much.

The bikes seating postion is up more and allows better handling than the KLR. Better for standing too. However, the seat is less than joyful compared to the KLR. So, I put a "Fishers" custom seat on it. Much better now.

That is about it.
Cheers

Last edited by IdahoWR250R on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to add photo)
Back to top Go down
saddletramp

Hello from Boise, Idaho Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Boise, Idaho   Hello from Boise, Idaho EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Welcome aboard. Google up bigdogadventures and take a look at the WR trip threads and WR buildup by Mark. Pretty impressive. You might want to consider the 14/50 gearing that he uses. I have it and am pretty satisfied - just depends on what type of riding you do.
Back to top Go down

Hello from Boise, Idaho
Page 1 of 1