Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT

Go down 
+2
mwakey
PonchoV
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PonchoV

On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT Empty
PostSubject: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 pm

When we come on this forum it would be neat to ease drop in, on what is ongoing at that actual time.
This is a young forum but w/ new riders coming aboard daily.....right
We can keep this forum alive by keeping it HOT or instantly accessable to the live threads.

We have a neat bike that has brought us together......otherwise nearly no one would know of the other, nor care.

I am not computer friendly....but making some little things that help bring the new riders deep into what's happening business of the day will help keep many on board actively.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Well, on the bottom right of the main page is a link to "today's active topics", and on the top right of the main page is a link to "view posts since your last visit". What else do you need?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

Yup. I use the "view posts since your last visit" all the time. I seldom get to looking through the actual areas and can often lose track of old posts, but I pretty much always keep up with what's going on NOW.
(except when I get to bugger off for extended tours Very happy )
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:40 am

mwakey,

Very nice.
Any chance getting a SPELL CHECK directly next to the Preview & Send bottons? Please...pretty please, for all the lazy ole farts that can't spell but don't want to look as stupid as we are. Will make it up to you by recruiting KLR riders that think they are interested in the KLX250 to look harder at our WRs.
thanks,
Ponch
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:47 am

I don't think forumation supports spell check.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 am

Really....or .....I just can't find it...
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:54 am

I just use a Mac for my browsing. It automatically spell checks all my typing. Very happy
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 am

Please tell me how does a truck do spell check?
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:05 am

Very slowly and clumsily I expect.
Back to top Go down
YamWOW!
Admin
YamWOW!

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 am

I can't do that on this forum. I use Firefox and when I'm typing spellllling is checked.

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am

WOW! ZED has a truck that can spell & our ADMIN has an auto fail safe system looking over his should correcting as the key board heats up.

I feel so small cry
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey Poncho, get yourself a Mac and you can hang with the rest of us who don't have to worry about spelling.

And I don't mean the truck, I mean the computer. Apple RULES!.... Micro$oft sucks! Very happy
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:53 am

OK not jack a thread buuuuuut do you not have to be retrained to use the other type of computer? baldy sick
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 am

Not really. The concepts are basically the same no matter what OS you're running. Also, basic things just simply work in a more intuitive fashion on the Mac.

Your local Apple store likely offers free classes on how to migrate your workflow from the windoze to the Mac. The price between buying Apple products from some big chain vs. a true Apple store is about zilch and you get lots of support like that so I always suggest people purchase from, and get to know, the folks at your local store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:28 am

mwakey wrote:
Hey Poncho, get yourself a Mac .... Apple RULES!.... Micro$oft sucks! Very happy

Uhh heeeemmm..... dddog I suppose you thought the same thing about the Betamax and you probably drive a Diesel VW Rabbit too... amazon

Sorry but somewhere along the lines you, my friend, have been seriously misled... poser2
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 11:25 am

Actually I own a 98 VW Jetta TDI, well over 100,000 miles & still smoking strong. My 08 truck is also a smoker but made by MB.
But about the apples & oranges or the regluar computers.
I really am in the market for a new house computer & would enjoy knowing from the real users, you guys, about the differences. & sure there are some things which may infact be better over the other.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:19 pm

SpaGuru wrote:
mwakey wrote:
Hey Poncho, get yourself a Mac .... Apple RULES!.... Micro$oft sucks! Very happy

Uhh heeeemmm..... dddog I suppose you thought the same thing about the Betamax and you probably drive a Diesel VW Rabbit too... amazon

Sorry but somewhere along the lines you, my friend, have been seriously misled... poser2

Ya, right! And Al Gore invented the internet. Don't make me laugh dude. You and Bill Gates must be drinking the same bert
Back to top Go down
ZED

ZED

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

SpaGuru wrote:
mwakey wrote:

Actually, I think it is you that are mistaken. No one here was discussing who would win. The statement was that Micro-$hit sucks. This is a basically correct statement.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 am

OK OK that's IT
YOU go to that corner & YOU over there in that corner>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:36 pm

PonchoV wrote:
OK not jack a thread buuuuuut do you not have to be retrained to use the other type of computer? baldy sick
Is the interface the same? No. Will you be able to run all your existing purchased software on a Mac? Maybe, maybe not. Relative costs? That's for you to check out.

Microsoft is so crappy that it has become and remains the overwhelming OS of choice in the world. Organizations who have somewhat critical demands - like the military, Air Traffic Control, police, etc don't use Macs, they use PC's. Show's you how crappy the MS/PC world is...

Either OS will probably do what you need it to do, although there's many professional uses where the Mac simply can not work. If you feel a change is to your advantage, then try it out - but no matter what you're switching from to what, make sure you understand and have a reason for why you're making the switch. Switching "just because" from either platform will probably end up being a disappointment.

And if you use Firefox as your browser in the PC world it will do all your spellchecking for you, as well as allow you to add words if you choose to do that, etc and so forth.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Well put! You have given me a lot to consider & to research before going w/ one or the other.
Thanks much.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 6:51 pm

http://www.apple.com/getamac/faq/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT   On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT Empty

Back to top Go down

On going discussion or call it a live topic or what is HOT
Page 1 of 1