Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Another One of My Concerns Topic

Go down 
+2
Heoz
Derogatory Term
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

Another One of My Concerns Topic Empty
PostSubject: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Still learning this bike so please stay with me. I cleaned and lubed my chain tonight and I noticed that the lower chain guard has what appears to be a cut in the rubber. Also on my triple tree I feel like there should be a dust cover in the middle hole.

Chain Guard
https://i.imgur.com/9fmlr.jpg

Dust Cover
https://i.imgur.com/2TKtY.jpg
Back to top Go down
Heoz

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:30 pm

Chain guard: If you're talking about the "cut" that's directly in front of the sprocket and just above the chain - I assume it's there for a larger sprocket or if the wheel is moved way to the front. Mine looks the same.

Dust cover: that hole goes all the way through to the front fender. You should be able to see through it by shining a flashlight up from under the fender and looking down into the hole. I don't see a need for a cover.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Thank you much for schooling me.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 5:31 am

The cut in chain guard is "normal wear".

What you really need to pay attention to is the chain slider. The protective piece on the other end of the swingarm near the countershaft sprocket.

It's a normal wear piece too, but if the chain eats through that it'll start cutting into swingarm. Not a good thing.

There threads around here on that too. deal

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
oic0

oic0

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 3:07 am

With regular adjustment and a 13 tooth sprocket, mine started eating swingarm at about 8k miles. The plastic piece is easily removable with only one bolt and you can bend and flex them on without removing anything else... but yammy sure charges a lot for an expendable piece of plastic.
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm starting to really hate myself. I tried to change my oil but I ended up stripping the drain bolt head. The PO tightened that sucker wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over 15 lbs per ft. Just gonna order one and hopefully I can get it with pliers or something or else I'll just have to take it to the shop. baldy
Back to top Go down
chuckP

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Try some vise grips. Might need to throw a pipe on the end for leverage if it's real bad.

Spray it with some pb blaster or hit it with some heat ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Derogatory Term

Derogatory Term

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 am

I'll see what I can do. I'm trying to find a local drain plug replacement before I got wrenching on this SOB. I can't seem to find the exact specs of the drain plug itself. From what I've gathered the threads are 12mm x 1.5 pitch. The hex head is 12mm scratch so I guess the threads are 12mm too? Anyway, would this work? http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=BK_7041911_0328160429
Back to top Go down
D J

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:09 am

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/1/1/index.shtml

I bought two of them, they are good quality made it through many oil so far plug looks new still. Get some vice grips, the previous owner of my WRX over tightend the drain plug. I ended up stripping the bolt vice grips worked great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another One of My Concerns Topic   Another One of My Concerns Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Another One of My Concerns Topic
Page 1 of 1