Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

A little help from my friends...tech day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PonchoV

A little help from my friends...tech day Empty
PostSubject: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:51 am

Hey! Any riders want to get together & strip off our smog crap or any other needless hardware from our wr250r/x? Or install lowering links etc, keep reading.

I have a bunch of tools & a bike lift (ride on style). Plenty of fans too. Bugs season here in Jax, FL.
You must like big dogs.
Actually have an area (small pasture) to test ride if you don't want to hit the street. If you truck or trailer your WR, there is plenty or parking room. There will be NO street parking.

Must admit, I don't totally understand what to remove nor where everything is located. But hey a few of us should be able to get it correct.

I am still trying to learn just what I need to buy before I start removing anything. Any suggestion, from those that have under taken the smog removal, air box mod(s), EXUP servo eliminator? replacement plug?, etc...your input will not be wasted.

There will be picture taking of what is going on to post here if the ADMIN approves. All suspenders are welcome. Just leave your chain saws parked at home.

Even if you just want to watch what is going on before you start changing your bike that is fine too.

Only thing I ask is that whatever you learn here...don't leave it here, use it to help other WR riders.
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Will refreshments be provided?
Back to top Go down
bionicman

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 pm

so when is this tech day gonna take place?
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Only if they are staying over....don't want any wrecks on their way home. freaky
Plenty of camping in the pasture or down by the pond on the platform. Sleep There is also the upstairs, but you must like big dogs.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:41 pm

The date is really up to you & where is also up to you all.
I'm retired.

Heck, lets say mel has 3 riders of the x in his town, tampa.

Then it's up to me to get me & my WR to tampa.

More than likely the week end would be best for most...so everyone interested start looking at your calendar & throw it out here. It may be that a second gathering will be needed. That means those that learned from the first could also really help out on the second. But don't wait till the second, everyone may now be out riding the weekends.

& I'm serious if a rider needs to over night before returning home there will be room. But you must like big dogs.
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 pm

By the way, WELCOME bionicman, what do you have & what are you looking to do to it?
Back to top Go down
inspector

inspector

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 11:29 pm

I'd show up.......If you was closer. LOL
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:04 am

I was.....
Back to top Go down
bionicman

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:52 pm

PonchoV wrote:
By the way, WELCOME bionicman, what do you have & what are you looking to do to it?

thanks, picked up a crashed 250x 08 model that I'm returning to streetable condition as a project while I am recovering from a major surgery
if I keep it I may use it at the Kart tracks
www.semra.org

otherwise I'll sell it once I have it completed sometime in the next 2 weeks

Rick
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:00 am

semra looks like fun & for a darn fine cause.
Please don't tell us that is what your surgery was about.

Either way fixing things while you're getting fixed sounds like good therapy.

You might consider some pix of the before, during & afer project. We all will learn a little something.
Back to top Go down
antipode

antipode

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:06 am

Damn!
why do I have to live 10,000 mi away?
Back to top Go down
PonchoV

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:41 am

Welcome antipode

Hey just pack a lunch, you'll make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little help from my friends...tech day   A little help from my friends...tech day Empty

Back to top Go down

A little help from my friends...tech day
Page 1 of 1