Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Check engine light

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bfgjohno

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Check engine light   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:51 am

Hi there, some he needed please:

The bike: 2009 euro wr250r, approx 8000km on odometer
The mods: air box opened, fmf programmer, fmf rear pipe, 13/47 gearing
The problem: while riding at virtually wide open throttle on tar section of 500km 2 day trip which was mostly rock, fast dry mud and gravel with lots and lots of vibration the check engine light came on. No codes and no funny noises or change in performance. Stopping and letting bike cool then restating had no effect of light - still there.

I came across a thumper talk post which mentions that bikes with O2 sensor can sometimes show this after riding at WOT.

I'm off to check the battery but wonder how I can reset the light and see if it happens again.

Anyone with ant more ideas?

Asante sana from Kenya,

John
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check engine light   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 am

Did your bike come with the EXUP valve in the stock muffler as bikes in the USA come with?
If so, do you still have the EXUP servo motor plugged into the bike's wiring?
Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check engine light   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 am

Original pipe had exup valve and O2 sensor. With replacing the pipe I took the cables out of the exup servo but left it in place.

Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Sorted!   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:38 am

Strangely when I had checked the battery was okay I turned the key only for error code 24 to come up.

being the forum this is I managed to find someone else who had this problem with the same high speed cruising at https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t7291-error-code-24-on-display. Followed the instructions in the service manual and have reset the diagnostics. Looks like I'd dropped the bike at some point and triggered a code. One of many falls I think! The corrugated roads I'd been on may also have contributed.

All hale to the Forum!

All the best

John
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check engine light   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:58 am

Hi John it's John in the uk. Hope the little green monster is still going ok ! How did you get on with the chain guide modification ?
Back to top Go down
bfgjohno

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check engine light   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 am

Hi John
Yes the beast is still running beautifully.
The chain guard mods worked very well. Had a fantastic ride over the last two days covering 500km of which 98% were off road. Chased a hyena for a couple of km before it turned round and gave me a look!
Rims seem to be a weak point with yet another dented badly.
Raced in rally raid two Weeks ago a performance and the wee bike put in a great performance against some ktms and other big bikes.
All the best
John
Back to top Go down
Monkeynuts

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check engine light   Check engine light EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:45 am

wings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Check engine light Empty
PostSubject: Re: Check engine light   Check engine light Empty

Back to top Go down

Check engine light
Page 1 of 1