Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Noise when down shifting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
motardmixion

motardmixion

Noise when down shifting  Empty
PostSubject: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:17 pm

So I got a quick question. My bikes stock except for the air box mod. I'm having this weird chirping sound when I down shift to come to a stop. When I pull the clutch In it goes away. It's not my brakes. My guess is the air box making more sound on decel or something. It's really hard to explain the sound lol.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same chirping/wobbling sound
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:18 pm

I'm going to try taping off the servo hole in the top of the air box and see I'd that changes anything
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:23 pm

Never mind lol chain just needed some oil. Total noob fail. When I went to the 12t I didn't oil the chain.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:15 pm

Well at least you got back on here & let us know what the actual problem was......and with enough balls to tell the true story !
So good on ya mate.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 am

Haha yeah it was a honest mistake on my part I should have known to lube up the chain when putting my new sprocket on.

So if anyone puts new sprockets on make sure you don't so what I did lol
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:27 am

No worries mate.... Also how did you go in regards to the output shaft lock nut - were you able to re-stake the original again, or did you use a new one ?

Back to top Go down
motardmixion

motardmixion

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I just bent the tabs out when removing it. Inspected the threads, (looked good) re installed the same one. And peened then back together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noise when down shifting    Noise when down shifting  Empty

Back to top Go down

Noise when down shifting
Page 1 of 1