Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aftermarket ECU

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:03 pm

do they make a aftermarket ECU, im talking about the black box that is at the back of the bike on the rear fender. the problem is im getting code for the side stand switch, which i have removed and closed the system. ive checked the wires to the ECU from the switch and they are not broken. im thinking its the pins on the ECU and looking if they make an aftermarket one. any info would be great.

thanks

sean
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm

so my bike has been not running for 7 months cuz of this error code 19.....has no one had this problem yet?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Are you sure you have "closed the system" correctly?

Can you start the bike in neutral?

Does bike just shut off when you shift bike into gear?

Do you still have the switch you removed? Try to re-install it if you still have it.

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:48 pm

i was drivin down the road and the bike just quit, egn. light was flashing and 19 came up on the display. after turning it off and on it started again and i rode home. now i just looked at the wiring diagram and the wires go to the ign. switch. could it be my key? my ing. switch has been acting up. ive reinstalled the switch and it didnt do anything, i took my volt meter to check for a break in the wire and there all good.
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Battery? (7 months of sitting will kill battery)

Fuses?

scratch

I don't know if there's any way to replace ecu with something "after market".

Have you checked eBay or other sites for bikes being parted out?

Wasn't Skierd (member here) parting out his?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:22 pm

Ouch....ECU is over $400

P/N: 32C-8591A-00-00

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:02 pm

battery is good, i had it on a charger before i started this, all the fueses are good.... ive gone over everything i can think of....my old man tryed his way and still nothing. the only thing i can think of now is the key.....ya i already priced out a new ecu thats why i was looking for an aftermarket one
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:39 am

I wonder if you could remove ecu from bike and take it to a Yamaha dealer to have them check it on some piece of diagnostic equipment. dunno

You'd have to hope they're an honest dealership.

Might be worth a phone call at least.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:40 pm

or let me swap it with a new one to try for 5 mins lol...... its just a piss off....ive done everything the manual tells me, nothing.....i try my own ways, nothing.....dads tried his tricks, nothing.....and tried the help from this site and still nothing.... baldy i miss carbs dunno
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 pm

There's a small handful of Canadians on this web site.....is anyone else in Ontario????

Would anyone make a trip to do some quick wrenching to see if an ecu swap solves the issues?

If you lived in Delaware I'd work something out, but Ontario.....I don't have a passport.

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 am

ECU's rarely fail. Does it Turn over with the starter? If not check the side stand removal work you did. Handle bar kill switch in run position? If the starter turns it over What's the battery voltage when cranking? Fresh fuel?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 7:56 am

Diagnostics mode?

dunno

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 8:24 pm

miniceptor86 wrote:
ECU's rarely fail. Does it Turn over with the starter? If not check the side stand removal work you did. Handle bar kill switch in run position? If the starter turns it over What's the battery voltage when cranking? Fresh fuel?

1) yes it turns over, i can crank it all day
2) the 2 wires for the stand are clean, twisted, heat srinked, and taped
3) if the kill switch was off the bike wouldnt turn over
4) havent checked the battery volts but i had it on a charger before i started all this
5) brand new fuel(dont know how fuel would throw up code 19)
Back to top Go down
xy500

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:06 am

Crazy M wrote:

2) the 2 wires for the stand are clean, twisted, heat srinked, and taped
please tell me you soldered them?
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:46 pm

nope, i was thinking the same thing you are with moisture getting in so i tried with fresh wire and looped the plug and it didnt change anything.
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 pm

i wanted to make sure it worked before i posted it but it was the key ign. its got over 2000km on it now and no issues....i can ride in the rain now:D
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 am

Crazy M wrote:
i wanted to make sure it worked before i posted it but it was the key ign. its got over 2000km on it now and no issues....i can ride in the rain now:D

So what exactly was the fix? How did you solve the issue? Cost? Effort?

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
Crazy M

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:45 pm

Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0026" />Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0025" />Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0024" />
Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0023" />
Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0022" />

Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0021" />
Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0019" />

Aftermarket ECU <a href=Aftermarket ECU Img_0018" />
ok so the pics are all over the dame place but anywho........ took the entire front end apart, milled the bolts out for the old key, put new key in with bolts, put the bike back together and worked just fine.....the issue was i would get code 19 when it was wet or humid out, bone dry day it would work but not in the wet, it took about 5 hrs over a week as i waited for parts. cost was around $230 for the key, bolts, cleaner.....but no issues, it was not a fun job and i dont want to do it again lol i think that answered your questions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aftermarket ECU Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket ECU   Aftermarket ECU Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket ECU
Page 1 of 1