Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Aftermarket handlebars

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nsrider

Aftermarket handlebars Empty
PostSubject: Aftermarket handlebars   Aftermarket handlebars EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 3:11 pm

I am considering getting some after market handle bars for my WR250R . I have seen some charts that show some different bends, rises, and pull back but does anyone know of a chart that also shows those measurements for the stock bars?
Also how high of a riser can I use go with without needing longer cables.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: bars    Aftermarket handlebars EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 pm

This is a bit un related to your question.. but i'm making a set of bar risers this off season .My biggest goal is to be more comfy when standing on the pegs.I'm starting out by trying a 2 " rise using stock bars ..i'll test to see if the cables will comply{or if controls need rotated},then go from there. i'll be posting up the outcome on a separate thread :o)

I'm thinking the height of the stock bars above the triple clamp and this riser info would give a person some numbers to shop handlebars with ..... dunno
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket handlebars   Aftermarket handlebars EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 9:45 pm

nsrider wrote:
I am considering getting some after market handle bars for my WR250R . I have seen some charts that show some different bends, rises, and pull back but does anyone know of a chart that also shows those measurements for the stock bars?
Also how high of a riser can I use go with without needing longer cables.

Ask and you shall receive...Even if a bit late. Shog But to my defense, I was in Florida when you posted this. YAY DISNEY WORLD !!!

Sorry...Here you go Very happy

http://www.zeta-racing.com/handlebar/players/sim3.html

It's for Zeta's bars, but you will get a good idea of what you are looking at. I used it when I was shopping for a bar. I looked at the angles etc. on ProTaper's and Renthal's sites and compared them to what Zeta had to offer (I found bars that were close to what I wanted and went from there).
Back to top Go down
emdavis197

emdavis197

PostSubject: Pro Taper EVO   Aftermarket handlebars EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:07 am

I am a tall rider as well (6'5").  I went with the Pro Taper EVO handlebar in the Windham bend.  The Windham is slightly taller than stock, and with the Pro-Taper riser - adapters for fat bars, i achieved nearly an inch of lift over stock handlebar height.  It really makes a difference and feels great.  I posted a short video install / review here:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AfNofFjiA&list=UUel5rOdOv1PC45YLc8JSixA&index=5

(Edit: I had plenty of cable length for this setup. No need to replace any cables if you go with a moderate riser like the ProTaper or similar.)

Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket handlebars   Aftermarket handlebars EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:11 pm

emdavis197 wrote:
I am a tall rider as well (6'5").  I went with the Pro Taper EVO handlebar in the Windham bend.  The Windham is slightly taller than stock, and with the Pro-Taper riser - adapters for fat bars, i achieved nearly an inch of lift over stock handlebar height.  It really makes a difference and feels great.  I posted a short video install / review here:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AfNofFjiA&list=UUel5rOdOv1PC45YLc8JSixA&index=5

(Edit:  I had plenty of cable length for this setup.  No need to replace any cables if you go with a moderate riser like the ProTaper or similar.)

That's the exact same setup I have and I'm only 5'8"... Very happy
Back to top Go down
nsrider

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket handlebars   Aftermarket handlebars EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:36 pm

I decided on the Pro Taper EVO handlebar in the Windham bend as well as their universal mounts that don't utilize the bottom half of the Yamaha mount.   Ordered them a couple weeks ago through my local dealer and had them in less than two days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermarket handlebars   Aftermarket handlebars Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket handlebars
Page 1 of 1