Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Waiting patiently in the garage

Go down 
+3
WRXR
GT-250
MichiganMotard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganMotard

MichiganMotard

Waiting patiently in the garage Empty
PostSubject: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:56 am

Can it be warm out yet? I can't wait any more....

Waiting patiently in the garage Img_2012

But while I wait, anyone have any recommendations for mirrors? Looking at this pic I think I could use a not so gaudy set.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 3:37 am

Sorry i have no actual picture with these fitted to my bike, but i can say that the quality is all ok & they fit all ok with the supplied hardware.....They look way, way better than the stock "mickey mouse mirrors" - which is not hard, lol. Anyway they did seem a little bit restricted in rear view when i first fitted them as a direct comparison to the stockies. But in actual fact they are practical enough for everyday road use. You are able to see well enough behind in both mirrors with just movement of your eyes. At worst it may be just a matter of pulling your elbows in slightly to have full mirror view. In any case i very quickly adjusted to mine & would never go back to the butt ugly mickey mouse ears. If you are a "bigger" rider, then there are mirror mount riser kits available from USA eBAY suppliers. These kits will move the mirrors slightly up & out. I was going to fit some riser to mine, but in the end they work more than well enough.

Also please note that the supplied link below is from the AU eBAY site - but they do ship worldwide & would most likely have a USA eBAY store as well.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/round-black-mirrors-aluminum-10mm-EMARK-for-Yamaha-TX650-RZ350-RD250-350-BIKE-/180951536113?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a218d51f1

No doupt that some will say those mirros are a bit pricey - but i was happy enough with the overall quality, style, fit & fuction for my dollars. ( I had also done the previous "freebie" cut & shut of my stockers.... but in reality these light weight alloy units piss on any mods ).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
WRXR

WRXR

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 11:34 am

Looking good! I went for the KTM folding mirrors. The 280mm ones, now I can see more than just my arms in the mirror.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357336
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm

This guy got some cool mirrors! Never seen them ones before.

https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t7387-frank250x-s-2009-supermoto-in-quebec-canada
Back to top Go down
robby0304

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:31 pm

saw this link and looked for that mirror. found them on ebay called scooter mirrors.

http://www.bikebros.co.jp/vb/offroad/motardsoul/msoul-05/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Side-Mirror-Aluminum-Chopper-Cruiser-Scooter-Street-Dirt-Bike-8mm-10mm-Black-/190763026605?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6a5cc8ad&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
leed

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 11:19 pm

You and me both, man!
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:31 am

Plenty warm out to go riding, and I am in the state just below ya.
Back to top Go down
leed

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm

Pokey wrote:

Unless he's in the UP!
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 pm

leed wrote:
Pokey wrote:

Unless he's in the UP!

Ah yeah.......that would make a big difference.
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:50 pm

34 in the UP today. Supposed to get into the upper thirties and maybe fourty by the end of the week. cheers I cant see over my snow banks! droooool
Back to top Go down
MichiganMotard

MichiganMotard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:42 pm

mcdoudlehopper wrote:
34 in the UP today. Supposed to get into the upper thirties and maybe fourty by the end of the week. cheers I cant see over my snow banks! droooool

About the same here. I'm in SE MI just west of Detroit.
She is my daily driver in the summer.
Still a little cold in the mornings for me. Although i may venture out later this week. 40+ by thursday wings
Back to top Go down
MichiganMotard

MichiganMotard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm

Pokey wrote:
leed wrote:
Pokey wrote:

Unless he's in the UP!

Westerville? You wouldn't by chance know of the software company DHS would you?
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 pm

MichiganMotard wrote:
Pokey wrote:
leed wrote:
Pokey wrote:

Unless he's in the UP!

Westerville? You wouldn't by chance know of the software company DHS would you?

Sure don't, what kind of software they make?
Back to top Go down
MichiganMotard

MichiganMotard

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am

EMR (Electronic Medical Records) the company I work for uses their software.
Back to top Go down
Pokey

Pokey

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 10:19 pm

MichiganMotard wrote:
EMR (Electronic Medical Records) the company I work for uses their software.

I work on anesthesia machines which connects to those systems. thumb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting patiently in the garage   Waiting patiently in the garage Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting patiently in the garage
Page 1 of 1