Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

CCW while riding

Go down 
+10
skierd
gatorfan
Jäger
saddletramp
Wieb27
WeAkSaUzE
Pokey
Chrispy1200
DragonNester
goosebags
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oic0

oic0

CCW while riding - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CCW while riding   CCW while riding - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 am

I think VS a bear I would need something with a LOT of ammo because I'm going to be shaking so much I'd be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn. A saiga 12 guage with a drum magazine of buck shot would be best me thinks.

Just two legged jackals down here. One shot they would likely run so I doubt caliber matters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CCW while riding   CCW while riding - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 1:54 pm

What you need to stop a bear is a BIG gun. One of the best is the Pfeifer Zeliska 28mm Revolver. I think Givi makes a topcase that fits it... Very happy

CCW while riding - Page 2 Pfeifer-314x400
Back to top Go down
johnnyadventurepants

johnnyadventurepants

PostSubject: Re: CCW while riding   CCW while riding - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:32 am

I always carry on body at 3:00. In town I carry a 1911. In the mountains a Ruger .44 4". Big enough to fire with gloves on. I acknowledge the extra risk a chunk of steel can be on my hip in a crash, and I accept it. I explore- I don't ride motocross style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CCW while riding   CCW while riding - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CCW while riding
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2