Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Little 2 in R2 question

Go down 
+8
Don T
miamimotorcyclist
mr_mcbride
mwakey
SheWolf
Chadx
boogn1sh
zrider
12 posters
AuthorMessage
zrider

zrider

Little 2 in R2 question Empty
PostSubject: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 2:47 am

Hodokaguy or YamWow,

OK, I live on a Mac. I just about every hot key move in Adobe, Final Cut and Aperture and I have NOT a clue on how to 2, 3 or 4 finger a small hyphenated 2 in R2.

HELP!
Back to top Go down
boogn1sh

boogn1sh

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 1:48 pm

There is a ctr - * keyboard command but it is easier to copy>paste:
R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²R²
Back to top Go down
zrider

zrider

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 8:54 pm

R²R²R²R²R²R² These are cut and past from your post...

I've got the copy/past down but the "ctrl *" does nothing for me. I still need help. Thanks z
Back to top Go down
Chadx

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:09 pm

Not sure if its the same on a mac, but you should be able to type it in ASCI. While holding down the ALT key, type in 253 on your number pad (may not work with your regular keyboard numbers). It will result in a ² appearing.

Now you can type in the R and then the ² and you are there. No cutting and pasting. R²
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:59 pm

SWEET!! It works in messenger too. cheers

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:12 pm

I am on a Mac and the only way I know how to do it is with the Character Palette from the International pane of System Preferences (assuming you are running OS X).

1. Open System Preferences and then open International.

2. Click on the INPUT MENU button at the top.

3. Make sure the box is checked next to Character Palette and also check the box at the bottom that says "Show Input Menu in Menu Bar".

4. Now close System Preferences and you should have an American flag on your Menu Bar on the top right of your screen where I have the red arrow.

5. Click the flag and select Character Palette from the drop down menu.

6. Select DIGITS from the list on the left side and then double click the 2 that I have circled here.

You will not need to go through all these steps each time, but you need to set it up this way. Now in the future if you want to type a R², all you need to do is get to the point where you have typed the R and then open the Character Palette and double click the 2 and you end up with one of these.... R²

Little 2 in R2 question HowToLittle2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Haha I feel so privileged to be on your desktop Mark. wings thumb

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:42 pm

SheWolf wrote:
Haha I feel so privileged to be on your desktop Mark. wings thumb

That's a screen shot. Actually you are just in a browser window. And it looks like I cut your butt off with that other window. Sorry!

I'm still waiting for the chainsaw and suspenders pic to be posted again so I can put that one on my desktop. wings
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm also a Windows free person. From my Mac I just do the following:

R sup 2 /sup
Make sure to wrap the sup and /sup with less than / greater than characters

which will produce:

R2
Back to top Go down
miamimotorcyclist

miamimotorcyclist

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 6:29 pm

That is one of those things that is lost in the monster thread at ADV.

I wish people would port their useful posts here. Kind of like a filing cabinet as I think was the orignial idea.

High Five explained it as follows.

Immediately after the "R", type "&" "#" "178" ";" but without the quotation marks or spaces.

Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks miamimotorcyclists, that is fewer keystrokes that what I was doing and it works on the Mac
Back to top Go down
mwakey

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:40 am

rwm0268 wrote:

Thanks miamimotorcyclists, that is fewer keystrokes that what I was doing and it works on the Mac

What kind of Mac do you have? When I type that I get this.... R²

Edit: NEVERMIND! Once I typed that and hit the send button it came out like this... R². Thanks for the tip Miami.
Back to top Go down
mr_mcbride

mr_mcbride

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:10 am

Sounds like you got it working...

I have a MacBook and a Mac Mini
Back to top Go down
Don T

Don T

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 am

How do I do it, when working in windows?
Back to top Go down
Highfive

Highfive

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 am

Miami steered you right....and it should work on any computer in any browser as its an HTML ASCII superscript command: "R" "&" "#" "178" ";" equals R² (without the quotations).

There are a whole bunch more here: http://www.nationalfinder.com/html/char-asc.htm

HF thumb

Last edited by Highfive on Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAKARma daze

PostSubject: R²   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 9:49 am

R²... It works on the numberpad but not the other numberkeys.

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Don T

Don T

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 pm

It works both on number pad and keys cheers

Last edited by Don T on Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
zrider

zrider

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Highfive wrote:
Miami steered you right....and it should work on any computer in any browser as its an HTML ASCII superscript command: "R" "&" "#" "178" ";" equals R² (without the quotations).

There are a whole bunch more here: http://www.nationalfinder.com/html/char-asc.htm

HF thumb

R² R² R² It works cheers I have been trying to get it to work on my Macbook Pro it it didn't work. It does on my G5 with a key board that has a number pad on the right.

Thanks everyone! thumb
Back to top Go down
Rocketman

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 1:56 pm

That's really weird. I went back to edit, and the R2 was correct in my text box but isn't in thpost?????

and now it is. hmmmm

Last edited by Rocketman on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 pm

In windows, ALT253 gives you R².

~SheWolf™️~

mwakey

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 pm

OK, I got a really stupid question. Who started this R² stuff in the first place? Don't you like "WRR" or "WR/R" or "WR-R" ??? Are you guys jealous because we have the more cooler sounding "WRX"? And WRR just sounds silly? What is it? Who is responsible for this R² craze?
Back to top Go down
zrider

zrider

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:12 pm

mwakey wrote:
OK, I got a really stupid question. Who started this R² stuff in the first place? Don't you like "WRR" or "WR/R" or "WR-R" ??? Are you guys jealous because we have the more cooler sounding "WRX"? And WRR just sounds silly? What is it? Who is responsible for this R² craze?

Can you say "HighFive"? R²
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 am

OMG...he's right. It was HighFive who got that ball rolling. It is kinda catchy tho.

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question EmptyMon Mar 09, 2009 10:22 pm

testing R².
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little 2 in R2 question   Little 2 in R2 question Empty

Back to top Go down

Little 2 in R2 question
Page 1 of 1