Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
akHuff

akHuff

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Empty
PostSubject: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Ohh Yeaaah! Finished performing my winter modifications before my parole ended and had to go back to work... Bought the bike new and completely stock last summer. I threw on a lower Seat Concepts and a Lowering Link as soon as I picked the bike up. Aside from throwing on new parts this winter I've done the AIS delete, EXUP resistor, and Ultimate Air Box Mods.

After Mods... (the 4 wheeler is not mine)
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr110

I say black and blue because the first time I drop the bike my fresh paint is going to be chipped, showing the battle scars of the yama blue underneath - I'm hoping it'll look cool cause I'm not concerned about keeping the plastics nice...

Last Summer... near Denali (out of Healy)
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr210

Purchased Items during winter and ~shipped cost...

IMS 3 Gallon Tank - Rocky Mountain ATV - $248
Polisport Halo H4 Headlight - Rocky Mtn - $70
FMF Programmer- Rock Mtn - $225
Tusk Gas Tank Vent Valve -Rock Mtn - $7
DRC Edge2 w/upgraded Processor - $201 - 12 O'clock Labs - $201
Full FMF Exhaust - Local Dealer - $459
Sandman Casesaver kit - $66
AIS Delete - $20

And on the way in the mail...
Righteous Stunt Metal Clutch Lever Full Length - $110
HDB Handguard setup - ADVdx, 2 1/8" Lower Clamp, Mirrors, Guards w/turn signals, ProTaper Woods High- $344
ProTaper Rockstar MX Grips - $9
Tusk Grip Heater Kit - $19

Cost of listed Items - $1778

I will order a skid plate/radiator guard... And after I get a feel for all the new parts I'll throw a lower geared chain and sprocket kit on it... There isn't very many more big ticket items I can do to the bike besides suspension, Scotts Steering Stabilizer and Athena - I'll see if I can make any of that happen next winter.

It snowed 2 feet while I was home 3 weeks ago and it snowed another 2 feet this past weekend in April... I'm hoping the roads will be dry pavement when I get back, it'll still be a while till my trails are clear but when they are it'll be nice and muddy.

Aside from tricking out my bike my intent is to do 200, 400, 800 mile trips this summer around Alaska and of course some good trail riding. Then depending on the weather in September I want to ride my bike down to Washington State so I can ride during the Alaskan winter...

Any Alaskans want to ride this summer? I'm in the Valley...

Here's my shop.
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr311

Getting the wires out of the way so I didn't buzz'em with the dremel
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr410

My this was my take on the airbox mod from Highfive(?) wrrdualsport.com ... Cleaned it up a bit more and installed it
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr510

Should have used some other paint besides Restoluem, would probably be good for a street bike but not something that'll be trashed... Looks really sweet though since it hasn't left the shop yet...
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr610

Polisport Halo H4 with stock fender
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Wr710

*cough* Heres a picture of some Alaskan scenery - Half of Sleeping Beauty in the background.
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue 710
Back to top Go down
DestinationOffroad

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 pm

Love what you've done with the bike. Thats a badass.. bronco? Whatever it is i like it. :-)
Back to top Go down
akHuff

akHuff

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Awe Yeah Thanks man. I'll post some after pics of how the paint job ends up after a few months of riding... Yeap '73 Bronco with a '92 5.0 HO Mustang Motor, won't get into the details ehe but it is most defiantly is a hot rod. I'll probably throw my WR hitch carrier on there go camping this summer - two serious wheeling machines in a combo package...
Back to top Go down
akHuff

akHuff

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:51 am

In short... I bought more stuff. Once I get some good pictures with scenery and some time I'll update the build...

With all the power mods and stock gears the front end reaaaaally wants to come off the ground just cracking it but not quite... I'll re-gear it when more snow melts.

Drove up past Willow, a high of ~40 today, there were snow flurries on the way back home.

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Willow10

The super duper spiffy billet rack put to good use and the bobble head helmet. That helmet is an incredible difference vs the mx helmet I used last summer - doesn't feel like I'm fighting the wind all the time now.

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Willow11
Back to top Go down
akHuff

akHuff

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptySat May 04, 2013 9:01 am

Alrighty Photo Bomb'n it... crappy Alaskan weather right now and I know I'll have limited riding time this summer.... Next week the weather should be a bit nicer and I'll should have a sweet video of driving down Turnagain Arm to Portage Glacier... people say that is one of the best drives in AK and I must agree... 2 ContourHDs and a Canon HD30...

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Img_1310

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Img_1311

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Img_1312
Back to top Go down
akHuff

akHuff

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Threw some goodies at the bike... G2 Quick-Turn Throttle tube, Flatland racing skidplate/ radiator guard, Garmin Oregon GPS mount, 1 Gallon Rotopax, 2 Gallon Rotopax, Wolfman: side racks with roto mount, expedition dry bags, tool tube and some more stuff...

I was going crazy this winter not being able to ride my bike, so I've been planning to ride AK to Bellingham, WA this summer... I should be taking off within two weeks depending the results of a job interview... I'm throwing on some IRC tires for the trip, the tires are pretty much my only concern for this whole trip. Once I go across the border I'll be F-ed if anything happens between there and Prince George - I've drove up the Cassiar the last two summers so I'm going to stick to that route since I know where everything important is on that road.

Once I make it to WA I'll be throwing some good dirt tires on. For the trip I ordered IRC - GP-1 Front and GP-110 rear. I've read about some rear tires going bald in 2,000 miles. My impression from reviews these tires should work well for this trip. The route I'm planning is about 2,400 miles - I'm going to start off Big Lake, AK to Denali (Healy, AK) to camp and party for a day or two and to test my gear and make sure I have everything. If I'm all set I'll go down the Denali Highway to Tok and start my journey, if I need anything I'll go up to Fairbanks grab whatever I need then head to Tok... from there I only have to make about 8 turns for the next 1,900 miles till I'm at my parents house in Washington... lol
I'll be trying to take my time, taking lots of pictures and getting off the bike quite a bit so I don't exhaust myself - if I stick to that thought process I'll be in 'good' shape after....

Turnagain Arm just south of Anchorage
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Img_1410

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Img_1411

And the first crash of the season...
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Img_1412

I mounted my ContourHD under the visor of my helmet and it just took shaky footage so I broke down and bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black. Here's some test footage of the four days I had it before getting shipped back to work... I had a well thought out plan for some sweet video down Turnagain Arm but it was raining down there after I got the camera so maybe I can get the video I want before the bike is outta state for two years... ... The purpose of getting the bike down south is so I can ride during the winter and then around January I'm going to head south to San Diego then across the southern part of the US to Flordia then north - or stop where ever I like and hang out... then get it back to the west coast or Alaska and put it on a boat and ship it somewhere... ... Two years of being a motorcycle bum is my plan...

Mid-May in Alaska:
Back to top Go down
akHuff

akHuff

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Turnagain Again
AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Vlcsna10

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Gopr3511

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Vlcsna12

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Vlcsna13

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Vlcsna14

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue   AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue Empty

Back to top Go down

AKHuff's WRr - Black and Blue
Page 1 of 1