Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

The bike wont start after removing EPU

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
semperfi321

The bike wont start after removing EPU Empty
PostSubject: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:29 am

Hello. I was replacing the number plate holder so I remowed the EPU. I didn't disconnected the battery. I then reconnected the EPU when I was done with the holder and then when I wanted to start up the motorcycle it didn't start. I heared the buzz like everytime when u start it but the display didn't come on and neither did the lights. What can maybe be the problem and how can i fix it. Thank you for the response, and sorry for the english!
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:35 am

Maybe with everything else now connected just simply try disconnecting the battery for a brief period....If still no go then maybe again disconnect the battery for say maybe an hour or so. Also did the connector for the EPU / ECU go back on all ok ? - as in are you certain that all pins lined up all ok etc.

Also are you sure that the actual battery itself has sufficient cranking voltage / full charge etc. Check for good & tight connections at both battery terminals etc. ( Probelm as described would be what you might have if there was a weak battery / poor connection etc ).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
semperfi321

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:29 am

I just disconnected the battery for about a minute or so. And then reconnect it. Will try disconnecting it again for about an hour and checking the voltage of the battery and if all the pins allain in. Thank you for the response. Will post if the problem was sorted!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:51 am

While you're waiting around for an hour or so - double check all your fuses.

scratch

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:21 am

^^ Yes i was going to also mention to check all fuses in my 1st post - but i was hoping that the op may have already looked at the basic's etc.

To me the problem could / should only be 3 main possible items = (1) = Battery connection / low voltage problem. (2) - You have not correctly re-fitted the ECU connection, as in bad connection or damaged pins. (3) = Power surge / spike upon ECU connection & causing either a re-set / re-learn of ECU - as in now doing the battery disconnect, or a blown fuse, or a internal failure of the ECU due to power surge etc.

I'd not suspect that the ECU would be that fragile to a simple disconnect / reconnect, so i would be more so suspecting possible problem #1 or a blown fuse. ( ECU would be more likely to spike or need a re-learn if you did the disconnect / connect with the ignition on etc ).

Also do you know how to access the DIAG mode to do a function "61" fault code check ? ( And also function "62" DTC clear ).
( I recently found a good write up about how to get start to finish mode access & clear codes etc on a google search - will try to find it again & link it here if needed ).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
GT-250

GT-250

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:27 am

Just to further add that the main reason that you need to leave the battery disconnected for the extended period is to allow any residual voltage that may be stored up inside any capacitors to "run down" for a complete electrical system clear out / re-set....

Another standard industry used method is to disconnect both of the battery terminals & then touch both of the negative and positive leads together to immediately drain any residual voltage out from the capacitors / electrical circuits. ( This can save the need to wait for the extended disconnect time, but the 1 hour disconnect is the 100% safe & common industry standard for base ECU reset ).

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
semperfi321

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:05 am

Thank you for all the replys. I recharged the battery and checked the fuses, and one of the 10A fuses was broken so i replaced it and the motor fired right away. Thank you again for the help!
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 11:14 am

semperfi321 wrote:
Thank you for all the replys. I recharged the battery and checked the fuses, and one of the 10A fuses was broken so i replaced it and the motor fired right away. Thank you again for the help!

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bike wont start after removing EPU   The bike wont start after removing EPU Empty

Back to top Go down

The bike wont start after removing EPU
Page 1 of 1